Chapter 1: First Glance

Emily was her name, Emily Anne. A cute 22 year old young lady starting her life wherever the wind took her. She was full of wonder and brightness for the future and anything that crossed her path with full determination to take it head on. She had mid length hair that reached down to the middle of her back with bright basil green eyes. 

Emily was walking late with her girl friends towards a new Speakeasy that had opened up underneath a coffee shop. They were all dressed up in their cutest outfits for the evening. Gossiping and giggling with one another as the autumn air brushed their cheeks ever so gently. 

"Emily you got to try this new lip gloss I bought, it has little tiny sparkles and when it shines against the light gosh it's to die for, you'll look great in it!" Her bestfriend from highschool cheered, skipping with enthusiasm towards the shop. 

"Well then give it here girl, let me see these tiny sparkles!" Emily snatched the lipstick out her friend Rachel's hand, not in a rude way just eager to try it. Her lips went against the brush smoothly, the smell of cupcakes filling her nose. Rubbing her lips together they felt soft and sticky but gaszing in a near by window she looked good in it. 

"See I told you, the sparkles just bounce off when the light hits it. It's my new favorite I swear." Her friend snickered. 

"You get a new lip gloss every week and say, 'it's my favorite.'" The burnette walking next to Emily teased. 

"So what Kelly? No guy likes the same lipstick on a girl twice. Gotta get a new tube at least once a week." Rachel hissed back, offended by her friends teasing. 

The girls laughed as the coffee shop neared them, they were so excited they picked up speed and started running till they reached behind the shop where the bouncer was sitting back in a high stool. The girls smiled and fixed their outfits before he let them in, made sure the coast was clear before anyone saw them go in.

The room lit up with all these soft tone lights that made the room look even more sly and cool. The bar had a chick wearing all black and heals making cocktails and pouring shots. The room was red and black with brown wooden floors that made their heels click with every step. The patterns mixing in so well with the scene. People were playing pool off in a corner and a group of men playing poker in another. Tiny chandelers and black leather couches all around the room with tiny coffee tables in between. The bar had a wide collection of booze and fancy glasses. A slender black women was singing Jazz on the stage wearing a dark green sparkly dress that the lights above made her even more radiate. Her voice carried through the room making everything tie together smoothly. 

Emily and her friend picked an empty high top with three bar stools perfect for their group. When they sat down Emily couldn't help but feel as though eyes were on her. She gazed around the room till she saw a man staring at her in the corner.  

He was surrounded by other guys and a girl sitting next to him trying to talk but he clearly wasn't listening. His hat was sitting on the table and his jacket on the back of his chair. Suspenders holding up his pants, black with gold buckles. A white button up neatly tucked in with what she could see black pants even though it was dark. He was sipping on scotch she pressumed. His eyes sent sivers down her spine she had to look away quickly before he could noticed she was staring at him too. 

Her focus went back to her friends as they gossiped about all the cute gentlemen in the room. Which ones they thought were the cutest and arguing who would be lukcy tonight. Emily wasn't much for throwing herself out there for guys to sworm her but she didn't wanna judge her friends either. 

As a waiter approached he had glasses on his trey already full with drinks, he came around the table and greeted himself before placing down each drink in front of the girls.