Chapter 4: Waiting..

After getting dropped off she went to work not long after and met up with her friends Rachel and Kelly. They had a fun night and don't remember much, just waking up in their beds the next day. That the men they left with weren't there and were secretly happy about it. They were really wasted that night and probably shouldn't have wandered off with strangers. This made Emily a bit reluctant to tell them about her adventure, she didn't want them to blame themselves for leaving her alone.

She did mention the man she met, 'Blake.' The two girls didn't recognize anyone named Blake in their town and as Emily carried on about him the two looked at each other even more confused.

Desperately wanting to meet the man that swayed Emily's heart. Gossiping while Emily styled an elder woman's hair, she giggled to herself.

"Come on Emily you have to introduce us, maybe he's got cute friends." Rachel teased, leaning back in her chair while her toe nails got painted. Kelly agreed, meeting this man and his friends was definitely interesting to them. Emily just sighed, her friends were always desperate to meet someone and get married and have lots of kids and money but Emily saw life in a different perspective. She couldn't wait to see him again and silently hoped that he'd be at her house when she got off. That was just a tiny hope, not likely to come true but it'd make her night honestly.

Eventually Rachel and Kelly left shortly after their talk, wishing Emily a wonderful day at work and to tell them more about this mystery man named 'Blake'. She told them she would and if Blake was really interest, she might introduce them to him. He did some what know them or at least care about them if he sent some friends to look after them. However they did it, her friends got home safe and sound and that's all Emily cared about.

As she said goodnight to her fellow co-workers and closed up shop, she walked home quickly. Didn't want to have another incident with some drunks or something. She carried a small pocket knife in her hand just incase. She'd been saving up money for a car and even a telephone for her house but never got around to actually getting them, didn't seem that important after living so long without them.

Finally, she made it home. Unfortunately, to no surprise really, Blake wasn't there. She figured as much he wouldn't be, just would have been a lovely surprise to come home to. He was probably busy doing his own things, maybe working or something. As she started to think while unlocking her door, she didn't really know much about his life at all. Him even talking about a former girlfriend shocked her but there had to be more to him than just the guy with fancy cars and former relationships. Who was that Luke character? What does he do for a living? What was his family like or his interest?

When she enters, she noticed the stuff Blake and her bought together sitting on the kitchen table. She had brought them in before leaving for work but didn't have time to unpack them. The flower he had bought her rested on the counter, thirsty for water.

Reaching under the kitchen sink, she grabbed a small clear vase and filled it with water and placed the lily in it. She crumbled up and threw the wrapping paper away in the trash and placed the vase in the window ceil above the sink. Admiring it's beauty as the moonlight struck its petals, it smelled beautiful. The purple and white mixing in so gracefully, she loved it. Blake was really a nice guy, just full of mysteries. She promised herself the next time she saw him to ask him all these questions and learn more about the gentleman that saved her.

Yawning, a whirl of sleep washed over her. It was nearly 11 o' clock at night. Not in a desperate need to get some sleep because the next 2 days she had off of work. Eager to see Blake again was what made her rush to bed. He asked if she wanted to see him again, and knowing him and his surprises, he'd probably come over again tomorrow and this time she'd have all day to spend with him. She wrote down a couple of questions that stuck out to her the most before slipping into some Pj's. Emily cursed herself for not having bought a telephone sooner, but let it go as her eyes got heavy.