Chapter Thirty-Two

Emery

  I was back at the mansion. Without him by my side. The whole ride was quiet and I was so frustrated at the guys.

I stand in the doorway. Maria was sitting on the couch with tears rolling down her eyes. She looks up at me and stands up walking towards me.

I start sobbing once she wraps her protective arms around me. I cried in her shoulder while she rubbed my back.

"It's gonna be okay, niña." She says while rubbing my back.

"No it's not, Maria." I said shaking my head. She pulls away.

"No. Detén eso ahora mismo." She scolds. "You stay strong for my boy." She says and I nod my head.

She was right. I have to stay strong.

"James is a strong man. He lived through a lot. He's gonna make it. You hear?" She says and I nod my head. "You go upstairs and get washed up and dressed and come back downstairs for dinner." She says and I nod.

I walk upstairs into our room. I look around. I almost cry again but I did what Maria said and wiped my tears. I will be strong for him.

I go into the shower and scrub myself. I scrub off Volkov's touch. I'm so glad to be back home where I belong.

I get out of the shower with a towel wrapped around me and I look in my closet. My eyes catch on of James' white t-shirts. I picked it up and held it to my nose. It smells exactly like him.

I put on the shirt along with some pajama pants and put my hair in a side braid. I slipped on warm socks and opened the door, heading downstairs.

Once downstairs, Maria sets a plate of lasagna in front of me with green grapes on the side with a water. She demanded I ate and I did.

It was so delicious. I ended up getting two more. Don't judge me. I was fed nasty food when I was locked up and I puked almost all of it out.

Once I was done, I help Maria in the kitchen while the other maids packed up to go home. They said their goodbyes and left out the door.

I washed the dishes while she dusted the cabinets. I then sweeper when I was done. When we were finished, she sat down at the table, reading a book.

"Maria, you can go home if you'd like." I said.

"No, I don't want you to be alone, niña." She said. "I'll stay."

I nod my head and walk upstairs. I grab a book from the library before I went upstairs and sat on the bed reading until I got tired. I yawned.

Lord, I hope James make it and that he comes back to me. Please let him come back to me. I can't live without him by my side.

I quietly said a quick prayer. I lay down on the bed and close my eyes, drifting off to sleep.

James

I slowly open my eyes but shut them again to to the heaviness I feel in them. It hurts to open them but I knew I had to.

I see a shiny light and I shield my eyes. I heard voices but they were muffled. I hit my ear a couple of times and I was able to hear fully.

"He's going to be fine. Just make sure he follows these instructions if he wants to heal quicker." I recognized that voice. Our paramedic.

I then remember what happened. I was shot. Volkov is in the dungeon but I remember getting shot. We killed almost all of his men. The rest had ran.

Emery. She was crying, pleading for me not to leave her. I told her I wasn't. I promised and I kept it.

I went to sit up and I groaned and all attention goes to me.

"James, you're up." Axel says. He walks to me.

"Yeah. Where's Emery?" I ask.

"She's at your home." He replies.

"Our home." I correct and he smiles.

"Mr. Marino." Our paramedic says from beside us.

"Is there anything wrong, Doc?" I asked.

"No, nothing at all." He replies. "I was telling Axel that you're going to have to go by some rules if you want to heal quicker."

"When can I go home? I need to get to Emery." I said. All I was thinking about at this moment was her.

"Just make sure he follows these." Doc says handing Axel a paper.

"Will do." Axel replies.

He holds onto me while walking to the car. He sets me down slowly and we drive.

"Oh, let me give this to you." He says and hands me Emery's phone.

"Thanks, bro." I said and he smiles.

We were now at the house and all of the lights are turned off except the front lights.

He walks with me to the door and I open it with a key. Maria was sitting at a table, reading a book.

"Maria." Axel calls and she turns to us.

"Hermano." She walks to me and hugs me gently.

Axel and Maria were talking while I stared upstairs. They catch me staring.

"She's asleep upstairs." Maria says and I nod.

I give Axel a hug and thank him. I soon gave Maria a hug and I walk upstairs into our room to see my woman.

She's sleeping peacefully. She has on my white t-shirt. I smile. I carefully took off my suit, hissing in pain. I look down to see my bullet wound covered.

"James?" I hear a soft voice. I turned and see Emery staring back at me.

"Hey, baby." I said smiling.

She runs up to me and hugs me tightly. She starts sobbing loudly into my chest and I wrap my arms around her.

"I thought you_" she cried. "I thought you weren't gonna make it."

"Hey, look at me." I bring her face up to look at me.

"I promised that I would never leave you." I said and kiss her forehead.

"I love you." She says. She gets up on her tip-toes and kiss my lips.

"I love you too." I say back and she smiles.

"Let me help you get changed. You must be sore." She says and I nod.

She takes off my clothes and help me into my sleeping clothes. Once she was done, she helped bring me into bed. I lay down.

"Hold me, please." She begs and I wrap my arms around her, bringing her close to me.

"I still have your necklace on." She says and I chuckle.

"I love you." She says once more.

"I love you more." I replied and she chuckles.

I soon heard her soft breathing and I soon went to sleep.

**************
Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

If you did, please comment and vote!

Thanks for reading!! All love x