Chapter 5 "WAIT WHAT?!"

Hello it's me again!
So sorry for the delay in this chapter I was heavily busy with school work but I'm back now. Also I apologize for doing so much of your POV, I promise next chapter will be Kyo's POV
Anyways enjoy the chapter! And thank you to anyone who is reading my story!

Chapter 5
(YOUR POV)

He was a boy... and now he's a cat. This doesn't make any sense. The orange cat was ashamed and you could tell too.

"Kyo you have to come to bed at some point-" Yuki said while slowly stopping to climb up the ladder when he saw the cat.

"Ugh." He sighed. "Stupid idiot!" He mumbled while placing his fingers on his head almost looking like he was having a migraine.

"Y-Yuki!!!, you don't understand Kyo you see he was a boy I swear it I'm not crazy he just turned into a cat!!!" I could ramble on for hours at this point. "No I believe you..." He replied. "Really?" I said with a tone of confusion.

"Now... how do I explain this?" He said while lowering his fingers to walk towards the cat.

"You might wanna sit down for this one (Y/N)!" He said while motioning to the ladder.

"Kyo let's go!" The cat followed looking rather pissed. "Shigure!" Yuki called from downstairs.

"What is it you would like children? Oh-" Shigure said as his excitement faded. "Ya" Yuki replied.

"Well you see (Y/N)... we were all born with something called a zodiac curse. As you can see here, Kyo Soma is the cat." He explained it so calmly, almost like he's done it a thousand times. No expression either, he also said it quite fast.

"H-hold on! Your saying your all animals?" I questioned while looking around the room.

"Yes you see in I'm the dog Yuki over there is the rat and there is 12 of us in total with this curse." He said while having a seat at the table.

Suddenly an orange poof came from beside Yuki. Yuki covered my eyes and I couldn't see anything.

"I think it's better if you don't look." He whispered in my ear. Before I knew it Kyo was back in front of me again.

"K-Kyo!" I yelled. He had a red face you could see from miles away.

After what happened up there, I think I could pick out why.

"Ya I know it's weird I-I'm sorry." He said while looking down in between his lap.

"N-no I don't think it's weird at all... just surprising that's all." I said while getting up.

"I-I'm sorry if I'm being awkward it's just a lot to process." "Completely understandable (Y/N)." Shigure said to me.

"What did I miss?" Tohru said while walking in with her bright smile. Yuki gave her the look.

"O-oh... I'm guessing it happened?" "Yup." Yuki snapped back.

"Are you one too Mrs Honda?" I asked.

"O-oh no I just found out myself, like you." She said while dropping her groceries in the middle of the Kitchen.

"Take it this way, It makes this family even more exciting doesn't it (Y/N)?" "Y-yeah... it kind of does." I chucked. It was a lot to process sure, but why was I so chill with it?

Later that night...

I wanted a quick drink before bed, but the light in Kyo's room was still on. I wonder why? I walked on my tippy toes being careful not to wake anyone when I heard Tohru in Kyo's room. I don't usually like to do this... but I started to listen. I know I shouldn't have but why was it so tempting. The slight crack that I looked threw and saw Kyo and Tohru sitting on the floor.

"I-it's all over Tohru!" Kyo said while almost breaking down in tears. "No it's not Kyo, she doesn't hate you for it!" She said while patting his back. He clung tight onto his bracelet. "B-but when it's off-" "NO!" Tohru snapped back at him.

"Come on don't think like that!" What did he mean by when it comes off? "You don't understand Tohru, it's just another one down. Sooner or later I'll be out of the picture. So why did I get attached to this girl I just met?" He said while rubbing a single tear off his cheek.

Something about that single tear broke my heart into a million peaces. But what's more important is that Kyo... likes me. It didn't seem that way. Why did those words make me so happy? D-Did I like him too? Tohru grabbed his bracelet and looked him dead in the eye.

"Then you do what you can Kyo! You can't give up that easily." She said clearly, meaning every word.

Suddenly I couldn't control myself. It was like my body moved without a thought. I opened the door wide and screamed. "WAIT WHAT?!" I was panting even though it was no work at all.