The end p1

Narutos POV 

I stood there over her dead body cold, empty, and angry. I.. I didn't mean to kill her! 

Flashback

(3rd person pov)

Naruto stood up abruptly. Sasuke looked up at him, Sakura smirking flirtatiously at him.

"I'm gonna go order our food, what do yah want?" Naruto asked.

"I'll take tomato soup" Sasuke replied

"I'll take... um... rice. Balls." Sasuke said suggestively.

"Cool, I'll be back, 'ttebayo" Naruto said ignoring Sakura and walking away. He walked to the back of the long line to order there food. Naruto wasn't to hungry, so he decided to grab a snack, something small and sweet. Maybe a bag of chips, or an ice cream cone. 

30 minutes later (spongebob voice)

Naruto was walking back to his table, but no one was there. Where'd they go? Naruto thought as he placed there food on the table. He took a lick from his ice cream, when he was grabbed and a hand wrapped around. He stayed calm as they pulled him into the men's restroom. 

Once in the mall bathroom, he was slammed against the wall, when he noticed red hair.

Gaara turned him around. He heard a shriek but it hadn't really calmed his attention. Although he thought it sounded awfully close to Sakura's voice. 

"Gaara" Naruto said mildly shocked, but still licked his ice cream cone. 

"What's up lil usagi" gaara said panting, then he took a lick of Narutos ice cream. Sharing his sweets with gaara was normal for Naruto though. (don't go thinking dirty on me just yet my children- even though I'm probably younger than most of you 😅)

"Don't call me a bunny 'ttebayo! And what happened? Why'd you run here?" Naruto asked taking another lick of his ice cream. 

"Naruto, the one tails." Gaara said low, almost sad. "There all gone." 

Naruto was shocked. "WHAT!?" He shouted, as he was about to go for another lick.

"Some guy took them all out. There were only 3 survivors, including me. I think it was an akatsuki member." Gaara said violently. Practically on the verge of tears.

Naruto pulled the red head into a hug, he could tell how much this hurt his best friend. He's never seen gaara in such a vulnerable state, it was almost unbearable for him to see. "We're gonna get them, ya know." He whispered. Gaara nodded, unable to speak for a second. "I have people over there now. We're teaming up." Gaara pulled away from Naruto after hearing this confession. He looked down at Naruto's ice cream again deciding to give it another lick.  

"Who?" Gaara asked with his mouth full.

"Sasori, and his lover, deidara." Naruto said taking a few more licks of his ice cream. 

Gaara was suprised at hearing his friend and best friends cousin joined the akatsuki, not only that but he has a boyfriend. But managed to move past it for the time being. " oh ok. The guy that attacked us was wearing a mask, a orange mask. It kinda looked like a cookie if I'm being honest!" He said to which Naruto nodded and licked his ice cream again accepting the new information. "Naruto. The leader. He was.... he was killed, Naruto. Shukaku is dead." Gaara said dangerously low.

Naruto paused his licking and stood wide eyed at Gaara, but that would mean- "your the rightful heir Gaara. Gaara, your the new leader 'ttebayo?" To which his red headed friend nodded and look a lick from his blond bestfriends cone, and then another and  another. Stressed.

"There are only 2 others, I don't even think we're a gang anymore. We aren't strong enough, and.." he paused. Naruto saw Gaara wasn't telling the whole truth. Gaara took the cone away from Narutos hand and taking lots of licks. 

"Gaara, what aren't you saying?" Gaara tensed and looked at his blond friend evidential pain in his eyes. Naruto almost gasped at the expression he had never come to see his his entire life in his friends eyes. Gaara was always one to hide his emotions much like Sasuke, but they were different. Gaara was more serious about being an emotionless person, until he met Naruto, certain emotions like happiness, and fear, annoyance and admiration, came bubbly to the surface. He tried to suppress everything he knew he started to feel but as he watch and became closer to the bubbly blond, he couldn't help but want to become his friend. But Gaara was able to hide his emotion, he was no longer in denial, and didn't try to fight it, but his expressionless face just stuck, although Naruto could usually tell the emotion through the boys eyes. This new emotion that was fresh and pure Naruto had never encountered, Naruto was suddenly panicked, and overwhelmed. If Gaara was in some kind of pain then it had to have been big, Gaara had a terrible past and always persisted even when not wanting too, so what could it be?

"The nine tails leader. Kurama. He was close when the attack happened. Right when I was about to die, and the trigger was pulled, he was in front of me. Naruto. Kurama; He's dead."