"one"

Cadence's POV

I'm 17 and I have long brown hair and grey eyes. I live in an orphanage. Its a perfect life..... sike.

Today is adoption day and well let's just say I know I'm not going to get adopted.

I have been here since I was 13. Nobody wants me. I am just a piece of trash.... a person just taking up space.

We all get called down to sit in our section. We are classified by ages. I sit with the 14- 17 year olds.

I see my friend Rayna. I go stand beside her and eat the rest of my crackers. Since we are older and get to go places we get phones. They are cheap easily broken phones. And if you break it you don't get another one till next year. I found that out the hard way....

"Heyy!" I say.

"Hey are you excited for today?"

"Hell no. I have been here for fucking 4 years and every Friday is adoption day. I haven't even been looked at."

Our counselor walks by when I said that and says "Language."

"Sorry Mr. Scorzone." I said eating a cracker.

"Oh look who's coming." I say. Those were the queen bees, Jessie, Katelin, and Mary Susan.

"Your in our seat." Mary Susan says.

"Um where's your names?" I say.

"You'll get it Caroline." Katelin says.

"Its Cadence." I yell as they walk off.

"The first parents are here." Mr. S says.

The day consists of parents looking at us and then not getting me or Rayna.

The last parent comes running in and talks to Mr. S. He points at all the 17 year olds.

They talk and then he comes out while she is filling out all the paper work.

He comes to me and says "Go pack she wants you."

I was shocked. Nobody has ever wanted me.

Rayna has a tear in her eye. I pull her with me to my room.

"Stop crying. Mr. S looks after everyone."

"Its not that its just that I will miss you and all you get me in trouble for."

"Here," I say as I give her a red lighter, "This is mine but you have to hide it so they wont take it away."

"Okay."

We hug goodbye and I finish packing.

I go downstairs and see the person adopting me.

"Hey I am Julia Bleu."

"Hi I am Cadence."

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah."

"Bye Anthony." I say.

"Just because your leaving doesn't mean you can call me Anthony."

"Okay Anthony."

He laughs. Rayna giggles.

We get in her car and she drives.

"So do I have any siblings?" I ask.

"You do. You have Will that is 17 and Haven that is 14."

"Oh That's cool."

"Whats your husbands name?"