𝓢𝓸𝓾𝓵 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 - 𝓙𝓸𝓱𝓷 𝓟𝓪𝓾𝓵 𝓙𝓸𝓷𝓮𝓼 𝓧 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓻

Listen to the song for a better experience~

(Cute)

-Set in 1965-

You are a studio musician, you really love your job, you get to do the thing you enjoy the most, and you get paid by doing it. But they're some parts of your job you aren't mad about; for example, most of the bands or artists that come to the studio you work at, usually they need another musician to play for them in order to help create songs for their album. But they hardly pick you to play for them for the simple and unfair fact that you are a girl.
You of course hate this, and no one can really blame you, it's very unfair.
But at least you have your friend Jonesy working at the studio to to keep you company.
He always cheers you up whenever you're feeling a little bit blue, and so you do the same for him. If it weren't for him you'd probably be miserable.
You started working at the studio a year after him, and he showed you around how things work there etc... You've both been the best of friends for almost 2 years and nothing was gonna break your friendship. Or so you thought.
***
9:00 a.m.
You arrived at the studio, ready to do your job, enthusiastic, actually. You had a good feeling about today's day.

'morning, lovely'- you turn around to see your dear friend sipping tea out of a white cup.

'hello'- you say with a tired tone.- 'I didn't get much sleep ugh'-

'oh well, it sucks to be you, doesn't it?'- he replies.

Oh shut up!- you both laugh.- 'is there anyone here to record already?'.

'No, I don't think so'.

'Oh ok good, that means I can go get some coffee without anyone interrupting me...'

'You could, but if someone appears here I'm not covering up for you'.

'Oh c'mon Jonesy! Don't be a prick!'.

'Sorry y/n, lying is bad and against the rules'.- he teases you.

'Honestly I don't care, I know you're just trying to make me mad. Anyway, see you!'.
***
10:12 a.m.

You rushed your way to your workplace, and you finally arrived.
You were really hoping Jonesy wasn't serious about what he said earlier, you didn't want to get fired.
Luckily he wasn't serious. As you walked into the main room, Freddie your superior, asked for you to come to record in the studio, this band had asked for you.
'what band was it again?'- you asked curiously.
'oh the kinks, sorry I didn't tell you before, my bad'.-
'Oh, groovy'.- you tried to seem cool about it, but in the inside you were enthusiastic and about to explode, you loved the kinks, they were probably your all time favourite band!.
Freddie led you to the room and you got your guitar ready to play with them.

The first song they asked you to play was "you really got me". And so you started playing. Your fingers moved for themselves, it was like magic, you were doing great and you knew; the band was amused by your guitar playing.

'Wow I've never heard a chick play the guitar that way! T'is so cool!'- Dave said in an enthusiastic tone.

You kept playing with them and so on till it came to an end. It sadden you your time with them was over, they were so enjoyable to be around with and you felt very comfortable with them, they didn't judge you for your gender, or thought you would be horribly bad at guitar just for being a girl, no, they just accepted you as a musician capable of great things.
-Hey!- Ray came up to you.- y/n was it right?
Yeah- you gave him a warm smile.
Would you like joining me and the rest of the gang at the pub? In today's recording session we all had great fun, let's not allow time ruin it, what do you say?
Sure thing!- you couldn't believe Ray Davis had just asked you that! You were enthusiastic!-When should we meet?
I was thinking you could join us now.
Ok, I'll have to ask my friend to cover for me though.- you laughed awkwardly to yourself.
Ok then we'll wait for you outside. But please don't take too long or the chicks will notice us and they'll go after us!- you both laughed.
***
JONESY! JONESY!- you shouted loudly leaving everyone in the building hear you.
Keep it down will ya! I hear you alright- he chuckled.
Sorry sorry. BUT OH MY GOSH GUESS WHAT.- you unintentionally shouted again, and Jonesy shushed at you once more.
What? And please reply without shouting.- he said as if he were a little bit annoyed by your shouting.
The kinks invited me to join them at the pub! THEY INVITED ME!
Ok last warning I swear to- WAIT WHAT?
I know right! I can't believe it myself!
You said no, of course, right? Remember you have to be here to record with the yardbirds.
Actually I was hoping you would cover for me, please!- you insisted with a puppy face.- please and I don't really like how they treat me differently for being a girl, and all of those sexist jokes they do about me neither!
Ok fine! But you owe me one!
Thank you so much!- you gave him a tight hug and a kiss on his cheek.
***
8:33p.m.

Oh you were all so drunk, but you had such wonderful time with them. Their not only so talented, but also very friendly and actually more open minded than you imagined them being, something you loved very much.
Unfortunately it was getting late, and they had to leave and get some rest, but so did you. They all went into this black car that would lead them to their houses, they offered you a ride home but you declined, you didn't want to be much of a bother to them. So you called your dearest friend for a ride home, of course you didn't mind bothering him.
Ummmm... jonesy?- you spoke through the phone.- I'm calling you through a telephone box... could you come pick me up? I'm a little bit drunk.
Yeah sure wait right there.- he replied sounding exhausted.

He had finally arrived and you were glad to see his small beetle car making its way towards you. Jonesy came out and helped you enter the car by opening the door for you. 'What a gentleman' you thought to yourself.
So how was it?-He asked
'T'was good yeah, I think Dave was trying to flirt with me though.-you slightly laughed at the end of the phrase.
Oh...- Jonesy looked sad though.
What's the matter? You asked looking concerned.
Y/n.- he let out a sigh.- I don't know how drunk you are, but I hope you're drunk enough to forget what I'm about to say.
Huh?- you looked so confused.
I have feelings for you, yes those kind of feelings, it's called love,I think. But what I'm trying to say here is that I'd wish to hold your hand, cuddle with you, take long romantic walks by the light of day, and make you mine by night.- he said and now looked very worried about what he had just said, and immediately waiting for your answer.
With further ado you decided to kiss him, and this time not in the cheek, but in his lips. He responded back with another kiss. And well it was only a bunch of kisses that lasted a good time, but nothing else, as he respected you and knew you were drunk and not in the right conditions to do 'it'.
Luckily you weren't that drunk for you had remembered everything he had said to you that night,leading you two to be in a loving and romantic relationship.

I am so sorry for not uploading earlier, and I deeply apologize. I've been extremely busy with school and some other stuff. I've tried to write a good JPJ one shot, but I don't know if it's even good enough, feel free to judge. Also feel free to message me with any suggestions for the next chapter!