five

You nodded and waved to the other boys, getting up and leaving with Bakugou. However, as you walked out the tall doors, you panicked noticing your horse was no where to be seen.

"Idiot." Bakugou snickered.

You glared at him before sighing to yourself. "Great."

"You can find it tomorrow." he said, beginning to walk away. You nodded, following him after taking one look back.

After walking for a while, you reached a small inn, it looked rough but it would have to do for tonight. As you entered, Bakugou spoke to innkeeper about something before looking over to you and nodding his head for you to follow him.

Both of you made your way up the stairs and reached a room at the end of the corridor.

"Its the last room they've got." he said opening the door, noticing there was only one bed.

"How much does it cost?" you said, reaching into your bag.

"It's free for me. And because you're with me, you don't have to pay."

"No, no, I insist." you said politely. He ignored you, shaking his head and sat on the bed, you were caught surprised when he began to make himself comfortable, taking off his coat and shoes.

"You aren't going home?"

"I don't have one, dumbass."

A small blush appeared on your cheeks to think you would be sleeping in the same bed as a man you only met a few days ago, feeling guilty to be doing something a princess should never. But something also saddened inside hearing him say he didn't have a home.

"Are you just going to stare at me?" he snapped you out of your thoughts.

You let out a nervous laugh through your nose and went to sit on the other side of the bed, facing away from him as you gently took off your cloak and shoes. He watched you out of the corner of his eye, seeing how you moved with such grace. You pulled out the small white silky dress from the bag, contemplating whether it was too improper to wear your nightgown in front of practically a stranger. When growing up, you were taught how to act like a princess and this seemed to be breaking one of the many rules.

"Stop overthinking it." Bakugou interrupted your thoughts, "I know you're the princess but its not like you have any other choice. I'll just sleep on the floor." he sighed.

"No, it's alright. But you can never tell anyone, it would tarnish the kingdom's reputation."

He tsked and turned away from you, letting you change into the white dress. When you finished you climbed into the bed, laying on your back looking up at the ceiling.

He noticed and turned back around to lay in that same position, he could see your pained expression to the side of him. Knowing that he should try and comfort you he tried to think of something to say but it all sounded stupid in his head.

"Do you miss it?"

"Miss what?" you turned your head to face him.

"The palace."

"Oh." you said, eyes lowering. "I don't know, I wonder if they've noticed I'm missing yet."

Your thoughts traveled through the different situations you could imagine happening there right now.

"Hey," Bakugou said getting your attention back to him, "Don't think about it, just enjoy the time you have here."

"You're right." you said, eyes meeting with his. For a moment, no words were said, you had only known Bakugou for a little time, but in that moment it felt like you had known him forever. It was just you and him, a princess lying next to a tramp. Both unaware of what was blossoming.

"Thank you." you said softly.

"For what?"

You hummed to yourself, unsure of what you were actually thanking him for, to be honest those worlds sort of slipped out without any thought.

"Just treating me like a normal person."

"You are a normal person." he said, causing you to chuckle a little.

"I guess you're right."

"I know someplace cool that I wanna show you tomorrow." He said, seeing your eyes light up. "So shut up and get some rest."

You nodded, smiling widely, and positioned yourself more comfortably, turning away from him slightly. He did the same, only after glancing at you once more. Unintentionally, a feeling of bliss flushed though him, watching your features relax as you fell in and out of sleep.

You could feel his eyes on you, but in a calming way, like he was there to protect you despite being a complete stranger.

"Goodnight, Bakugou." you whispered.

A warmth appeared in his heart hearing those words for the first time in a while, especially coming from someone like you. Not that he would admit it, but it's lonely sleeping on your own every night, with no one by your side to reassure you.

"Goodnight, Y/n."

You were one of a kind to him, you were both so different yet inside you were the same.