sixteen

"She got away?" Shigaraki hissed.

"I-I'm sorry! I don't know how, I was by her cell basically all night." Toga blurted.

"Well you obviously weren't! I should of kept you locked in that cell next to her and made Dabi do it." he towered over her. All she could was tremble and apologise.

"So what now?" Dabi said.

"We are going to the castle, to end this once and for all." Shigaraki said, scratching his neck, seething as blood started to bead along the thin tears.

"The castle? But we will be outnumbered." Dabi said in shock.

"Are you questioning me?!" he snapped, the tension in the room was thick.

"No-"

"I will do whatever it takes. We have nothing, always fighting. Our friends slowly dying. It's not fair. I won't stop until the kingdom shudders beneath my feet. I own you two, don't forget that." his venomous words echoed through the damp room, "Tomorrow night will be the death of the King, along with the queen and the princess. Mark my words. I don't care if it kills me in the end. This kingdom will get what it deserves." at this point, anger was running through his veins, pumping in his blood.

"Dabi, I need you to use your black magic." he added

"But that's too dangerous, it could kill us-"

"Did you not hear me!" he shouted over Dabi.

He paused and nodded his head, "Yes, of course."

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Your first night back at the castle was horrible, you had been locked in your room as punishment. Your parents weren't furious, but they were slightly angry, not only that but they were worried you would leave again.

When you woke up, the sun seemed to be less bright than usual, as if it struggled to push through the curtains. You got up and opened them in one swift movement. Quickly you tugged on your door handles to see if someone had opened them. Sighing after your failed attempt, you began to brush through your hair and change your clothes.

Your eyes scanned the room, looking for anything that you could do to minimise your boredom. In that moment, your door handle began to rustle and  swing open.

"Mother, father. Am I needed?" you said, almost bowing. You didn't want to annoy them any more, but you still hadn't been able to confront your parents about your discovery.

"Y/n. It's about time that we talk." you're father said, gesturing for you to sit down next to him, "You see, there are some things about me and your mother that you don't know."

"Yes, but when we tell you please don't react badly. We only did this to protect you." you're mother added, kneeling down next to you father.

"I know the truth." you stated.

There was a brief moment of silence where no one spoke, your parents looked to each other before looking back at you.

"I found the letters, and the photos. There were at the lighthouse." you said, keeping your tone clear. "Why did you lie to me?"

"Uh-We, we just didn't think you needed to know-"

"You were at the lighthouse?" you father interrupted your mother. You only replied with a nod.

"Do you know how dangerous that is? You would of had to pass through the South side, or the forest? Do you not realise-" he began to ramble but his expression changed when he saw your saddened eyes, tears pricking at the buds.

"Did something happen? Did someone do something?" your mother said, moving to sit next to you.

You didn't know exactly why you were crying, at the moment it was all you could really do. Everything had fallen apart.

All you could manage to say was "He just left me there."

Your cold dead eyes made your parents shiver, your eyebrows slightly furrowing as you thought about it more.

"Who did?" your mother said, wiping away a tear.

"I love him." you said blankly.

Your parents both looked at each other with furrowed eyebrows.

It had hit you, that careless feeling, that feeling of safeness, that feeling of happiness. It was all because of him. It was just a stranger, just a tramp, that had managed to steal the princess's heart and shatter it with no effort. Just like snapping a twig beneath his foot.

"He took the crown and left me to die." you sobbed.

Your mother wrapped her arms around you, pulling your head to her chest, softly stroking your hair as you cried into her lap.

Your father shook his head, as if anger was boiling through him. He could see it clearly, as if he knew Bakugou himself, he could picture the whole story. It connected in his head, after all, he was once like Bakugou, greedy and full of hate. But when he met your mother, those feelings were insignificant. I guess some people just can't be saved.

You sobbed, finally letting go of your pent up emotions. But as it was happening, your sadness began to transform into anger.

"Everyone lied to me." you spat, snatching yourself out of your mother's grip. "My whole life! You lied to me. He lied to me. And for what? I have to go through all of that just to come back here and spend the rest of my life trapped in these walls?!"

"Y/n." your father snapped. "We did this for you! Some people have nothing!"

"What? Like you did? Well, I would rather have nothing than have this!" you shouted back.

Your parents both gave you a stern look before stomping over to the door and slamming it behind them, making sure to keep it locked until you calmed down. You didn't exactly mean those words, but in that moment your emotions were bubbling to be unleashed and you just lost control. A frustrated sigh left your lips a you gripped onto your hair, pulling at the roots.