nineteen

Bakugou was pulled out of his thoughts, by the sound of an unfamiliar voice.

"Who are you?" the King said, his voice was groggy.

Bakugou turned to face him, to see that he laid with a dagger in his stomach next to Dabi's dead body. He was so lost in his head that he hadn't noticed your father and Dabi's fight. Bakugou panted, walking over to him. He was so worn out from the fight that he struggled to stay conscious.

"Katsuki Bakugou." he half slurred.

"Thank you, Bakugou." the King looked up at him through dead eyes, smiling gently, a tear falling down knowing that he won't be able to spend his last moments beside his family.

"Please, protect her." he whispered, breathing his last breath.

Bakugou looked down at the dead body, nodding. Quickly, his gaze turned to you. As fast as his legs would let him he began kicking over furniture to see you trapped. His facial expression was strained with pain as he saw you, you were holding your tears back as you tried your hardest to get free.

When he finally reached you, using the last of his strength, he pulled you out from under the chandelier before falling to the ground. As he fell beside you, you quickly wrapped your arms around him. Despite the hell that was around you, the fact that Bakugou was still alive made you warm inside.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't save him." he mumbled, eyes struggling to stay open.

Tears brimmed in your eyes as you wrapped your arms around him, positioning him so he rested on your lap.

"It's okay, you're here now." you choked out.

He looked up at you, a small smile formed on his lips from your touch as you stroked his cheek. In that moment, it was if the world around you meant nothing. It was just you and him.

His eyes scanned your face as if he was looking for something, a single imperfection. But to him there were none. You smiled down at him trying to comfort him through this, but your lips twitched under the pain.

"Y/n." he said, eyes half closed, making you hold him closer. "I love you."

A bittersweet smile quickly rose to your lips. Placing your lips on his, you tried your hardest to stop the tears from escaping. "I love you too."

Everything had fixed itself, the heartbreak was gone. But now it was too late. Bakugou would do anything to go back, to start over. So that just maybe he could have spent more time with you, watching you smile at his stupid jokes or try to hold back your laugh when he does something embarrassing. Even if it was just for one more second, he would do it all again.

"Come on, we need to get out of here."

But the look he gave you was enough to give you the answer. The fire around you was closing in and in the state he was in it would be impossible for him to move. After taking down the league, his body was just too beaten and bruised. He needed rest. More time. But there was none.

"Go."

"No, no." You shook your head, your tears landing on his cheek, which he didn't even have the strength to react to.

"You'll die here."

"I just got you back, I'm not letting go again." you sobbed.

His eyes began to close as he began to fall out of consciousness, you chocked on tears as you held him up to you closer, just enough to hear his shallow heartbeat slow.

"Wake up." you pleaded, desperation strained your voice. "Please."

You shut your eyes tight as the fire around you began to enclose in. Tears spilled through the cracks. You were hopeless. Your father was dead. Your mother was no where to be seen. And Bakugou would die here. 

The smokey air had filled your lungs, at this point you would either die of suffocation or being burnt alive. There was nothing you could do.

"Please." you cried, cupping Bakugou's face, "Get up."

Putting your forehead against his, your tears slipped down onto his face.

"Katsuki." you whispered what you thought would be your last words.

__

that hurt 😆