Detective Smarts

Pairing: Spencer Reid x Female!Reader

Warnings: Swearing, mention of abuse

Summary: The crew is having a hard time and Spencer offers to call in some back up. Who'd've known she was what the B.A.U. needed- or that she was dating the brainy doctor?

Note: I'm sorry if this sucks big time, I couldn't think of a good case. Let's just say that I'm never using anything original for a case the team solves ever again lmao

 Let's just say that I'm never using anything original for a case the team solves ever again lmao

They walked around, inspecting the scene. "It could've been anything. Homicide, self-defense, ectara ectara. We don't have nearly enough to go by. No- actually, we have practically nothing to go by!"

"Either way," Garcia snorted into the headset, "it was a crime."

"Should I call in Miss L/n?" Spencer quirked a brow, raising his phone to gesture at what he'd asked. Morgan looked up from his 'station' with a teasing grin, poking fun at the thought, well- fact, of Spencer having a girl's number.

"L/n? As in Y/n L/n?"

"Yep."

"Well shit." Derek chuckled to himself and continued working.

Emily looked between the two with confusion scattered across her face. "Y/n? Who's tha-" She frowned as the realization hit her. "That Y/n?"

"Well that depends on who you're referring to when you say 'that Y/n'."

Her glare was strong; Spencer could've sworn he felt a drop of sweat drip from his forehead from the intensity of her harsh gaze. Nevertheless, he allowed a teasing smirk of his own to grace his lips. "You know exactly who I'm referring to, Reid."

"That I do, but I-...ya know...just saying." His sentence died down as he averted his eyes from Prentiss'. She simply nodded and went back to work, the complaints returning just as she did. "Are you sure?"

"Mhm."

It wasn't Emily's fault that she didn't like Y/n...well...okay, so it kind of was. She only disliked the mention of the woman because Spencer was boasting about her like she was some kind of god; he'd been overly excited about how she cracked one of their past cases much faster than they did- to which Emily rolled her eyes and added, "Yeah, she probably looked it up." and other stories involving Spencer's fascination with the woman.

"Prentiss, are you one-hundred percent s-"

"Fine." She rubbed her temples for a moment before returning to searching for more to work with. "Call her. I wanna see what makes this Y/n so great."

"Is someone jealous or just having a bad day?"

Taking note of her attitude, Derek answered for Emily. "Not the time, mamma, not the time."