The Ghost of You - T.B || SFW

Summary: Tom remembers you in his last moments.

Warnings: Mentions of violence, blood, angst, death.

How could someone be so cruel to a helping hand?

Why are people so heartless and inhuman?

All that Tom felt was the knife suddenly piercing the sensitive skin of his gut. The impending doom that washed over him felt even worse as the shouts of Will blended in with the sound of his heartbeat in his ears. He felt like a bumbling fool as he gripped his gut and fell to the ground, gunshots ringing out as the soldier finally slumped over to his death. He scoots away as Will slings his gun back over his shoulder, finally gaining his footing "Bastard" He basically whispers as he starts to fumble with the buttons on the bottom of his jacket.

"Bloody bastard!" He hisses, throwing the bottom of his jacket open and the realization of what had just happened starts to sink in finally. Blood was already gushing down to Toms legs as his eyes finally drift up to meet Wills. "Oh God no." He whimpers, his hand cupping the wound as blood stains his palm and fingers. "Oh God no!" He says much louder now, dropping to the ground as Will rushes over to try and catch him.

Panic was starting to  surge through the both of them as Will tries time and time again to lift Tom off the ground and keep pressure on his wound. Screaming and begging seeped through Toms lips the entire time, trying to fight Will off. Eventually it's just the two of them laying there, the only support was the pack Tom was laying on as Will kept one arm slung around him and one on his gut. They just sit there in silence and Tom's mind is running a mile a minute as tears form in the brims of his eyes.

"What was it?" Tom questions as he stares at the back of the house, the blood loss already being too much.

"You were stabbed." Will says quietly, rocking Tom in his arms as he fights back the urge to cry.

"Am I dying?" He croaks out and Will looks down at him, his heart feels too heavy to answer him but he manages to push it out. He holds his friend in his arms, his own hands stained with Toms blood. Will takes a long pause before he answers, not sure what to say to his dying friend.

"Yes....yes I think you are." Will says softly and Tom's eyes finally avert from the man sitting next to him. He couldn't believe this was happening. He would never see his family again, never see the orchard again or myrtle and the puppies. What broke him the most though wasn't he couldn't see his brother, no. It was that he'd never get to see you again.

"What are you thinking about?" Will speaks softly, almost afraid to talk too loud in case he frightened Tom. It wasn't supposed to go like this, Tom was supposed to be the one who got to his brother alive. He wasn't supposed to die in Wills arms.

"Her." Tom responds and his voice cracking brings tears to Wills eyes as he looks away and at the barn house, "I promised I'd come home and marry her. Do you reckon she'll be mad?" Tom questions, tilting his head to look up at Wills wilting form above him.

"No." Will answers in the same soft tone from before, "Tell me about her, what is she like?" Will suddenly asks, wanting to distract Tom from the darkness that awaited him. Tom's eyes seemed to light up at the mention of you though, every memory he had with you was waiting to be spilled.

"She's perfect." Tom says softly, a smile pulling at his pale and cracked lips, "We met when my mother invited her mom over for dinner one night. We spent hours in the orchard together." Tom finishes, remembering the night as if he were reliving it right now.

------

"Tom, this is (y/n). Why don't you both go to the orchard while me and Mrs. (l/n) talk and finish up dinner." Tom's mother smiled as his eyes finally fell on you. His heart stoped for a second before he rapidly blinked a few times and then smiled. "Have fun you two, don't forget the basket, it's by the door." His mother humed, heading back to the kitchen with your mother.