Bassin d'Apollon Pt1 - D.C.C || SFW

Summary: Set back right before the French Revolution, two enemy families break tradition when their youngest start to fall in love.

Warnings: some cursing

Your family had somehow become a great friend of the King of France, may it have been through others or just mere coincidence, you weren't really sure. Your ancestors were royalty, as they liked to call it but it was just their wealth that gave them power, that descended down to you and was amplified once your mother and father married. Your father came from France while your mother was from Sweden, an unlikely match but a good one nevertheless.

Even though you had a rather high status, your family had still managed to keep a rivalry from generations before. It was two households, both of you were alike in dignity, but there was an ancient grudge that even your father couldn't remember, yet he upheld. You didn't understand why it couldn't just be put aside, the Chapmans didn't seem like such horrible people anyway, yet you were expected to adhere to the same ideals as well.

The rather elegant carriage you and your family sat in currently was probably one of the most uncomfortable rides of your entire life, the only plus of it all was the view as you pulled up to one of the most stunning buildings you had ever seen. The nagging of your mother went right past your ears as the sight hit your eyes, the stories hadn't done it nearly enough justice. Your eyes are stuck to it as the carriage finally comes to a halting stop, a footman opens the door for you and holds his hand out for you to take, which you do.

The gravel crunches under your heels as you slowly walk up the marble steps and onto the black and white tiled entryway. It was breathtaking, nothing could describe its beauty as you stood there. A hand on the small of your back makes you turn around, your mothers rather annoyed face ushering you to make your way inside.

As you took steps forward you heard more carriages pull up, more families and royals making their way into what was to be your home until the King requested you to leave. It was a great honor and you finally understood why as you step inside the regal entrance. The many windows and beautifully designed floors made it almost feel as if you weren't inside at all as you roam the halls with your family.

A man dressed in a rather interesting justaucorp, it had floral patterning all on the bottom that slowly faded into a solid red from its light brown with golden accents, ushered to be followed. He didn't say a word to you as he led your mother and father to a room and then led you to your own separate one, not far from your parents. It was smaller than theirs but that didn't deter from the room's beauty.

The room was lined with a dark green damask bordered with a wide gold stripe on the outside and wooden paneling up halfway, the wood even had intricate designs carved into it. Your eyes drift up to the many paintings hung in the room, and the large bed that sat by the middle of the wall, thick covers hanging over it along with fabrics hanging above the bed that could be drawn for privacy. A small vanity sat tucked in the corner with a mirror resting on it, gold lined the small object itself. On the other side of the room sat a large dark bureau with a chest beside it for you to store your things. A large mirror sits on the wall beside the bureau, gold lining it like the smaller one. Across from the bed was a large window, a few chairs sat in front of it with a small fireplace right next to it.

The window looked out into the seemingly never ending gardens, even the plants here were some of the most beautiful things to ever grace your eyes. On the far side of the garden sat a beautiful fountain, golden horses rising out of it with a man in a carriage behind them. You spend the next hour putting away all your things once they're brought in from the carriage, you didn't realize how many dresses you had until now. Once that's all done you exit the room and decide to try and find your parents, it was easier said than done though. From the time you had spent in your room people had filled in the palace, drinks already being passed around as people gambled and gossiped about anything and everything. You quietly pass by them, picking up small things you hear in case it might be useful later for some reason.