1 | Nox

CHAPTER ONE
Nox

CHAPTER ONENox

--

THE COLD NIGHT TIME WINDS BLASTED THROUGH THE FORESTS OF BEACON HILLS; A TOWN KNOWN FOR ITS SUPERNATURAL HISTORY. The strong winds collapsing some of the loose dirt around a large tree stump, a glorious piece of nature that used to be known at the Nematon.

The wind blew through the roots of the halved tree, through the old druid's den.

It carried a sound.

One like no other in the state of California.

The howl of a wolf. An alpha.

The howl penetrated through the walls of the druid's den, unbeknownst to anyone in the quiet town. It had awakened something; something that was trapped there many years prior.

Something that was coming back to Beacon Hills.

--

The Stilinski boy sat impatiently in the stiff hospital chairs as he waited for Scott. The boy's brilliant plan to break into the morgue seeming to be taking some time. He sighed, fiddling with his fingers as his leg bounces against the floor.

He occasionally glanced back at Lydia, the strawberry blonde still jamming out to her music.

Sighing again, the buzzcut boy looked around at the other people in the ward as he searched for Scott.

"Look I have the past prescription right here. I just need a refill, I'm due, I'm here to collect." A boy no younger than Stiles was at the desk, pestering a very impatient nurse. Stiles' attention was immediately drawn to the situation, the tension between the boy and the nurse rising as he became frustrated.

"Without parental guidance I cannot prescribe these types of pills to a kid." The nurse monotoned, not even looking at the raven haired boy, who scrunched up his nose and furrowed his eyebrows. He slammed his fist down on the desk, the loud sound shocking many people on the ward.

"My parents are out of town... My prescription needs to be refilled. Please." The boy seethed through gritted teeth, anger evident on his tanned face.

"I'm sorry Mr King, but that is just not how we do things here." The nurse finalized, starting to sort through some papers, making it very clear that she was done with the conversation.

The boy took a step back, mouth agape, a look of shock and disgust. Stiles felt sorry for the boy clutching at his prescription, but he didn't make any moves to help the shorter boy.

"This place is a bloody joke." The dark haired boy stormed out, the Stilinski kid and his investigative ways couldn't help but be curious about the boy called King, who he had never heard of. He was staring quite hard at the door the boy had left through, trying to figure out who he is, when a sharp pain hit his forehead.