CHAPTER 8

I think I might be lost.

The good thing about being here alone, is that I at least have beer to keep me company. The cool liquid feels relaxing as I swallow slowly, and I probably shouldn't be drowning my sorrows in alcohol, but I have no choice. I'm sitting on a bench somewhere in New Jersey; with no car, no sense of self, and no hope. 

After I left Mikey's house, I wandered around until I ended up at a bar, the atmosphere was a bit boring and after taking a few shots, I left for somewhere else. I found myself at a liquor store, and after browsing mindlessly I decided on a six pack. 

The wandering continued, now here I am, on my fourth can of beer, and no idea of my whereabouts. I probably look like I belong on a psych ward somewhere, for some inexplicable reason, I can't comprehend what's going on with me,  a part of me feels as if I'm a stranger to my own self. 

And if I continue to sit on this goddamn bench any longer, then I'll probably give up on returning home altogether. The urge to scream out loud is bubbling within me, but I don't even have the energy to produce any sound. 

I'm just so angry at everything!

"Isn't this just wonderful?"

My whispered question gets lost in the wind, as a white Maserati pulls up at my feet, I then shake my head as I immediately I don't even need to bust a brain cell trying to figure out who this is. I don't think I have the mental capacity to figure out how he found me; heck, I don't think I even have the strength to even argue with him right now. 

The CEO shakes his head at me as he glances at my appearance, "Jesus, woman."

He takes my unfinished beer from my hands, along with the untouched two, and then dumps them in a nearby bin. I stare at the opened passenger door to his luxurious car, I know that nothing good will come out of resisting, so without any protest on my side, I enter his car. 

I clutch Mikey's gift tightly in my arms, as Leo straps me in, I bite down on my lip as I think about how much I don't deserve this. When I think about Leo's past actions, including what he's doing for me right now, it's obvious that he's a good person. 

Just what the hell is wrong with me?  

I'm not sure if it's my entire demeanor, or he's still upset about last night, but the fact that he hasn't made an attempt to talk to me, is kind of strange. I close my eyes tightly when he hits the freeway and begins speeding. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fast driver myself and I love the thrill of it. But driving so fast after I drank three and a half cans of beer is not a smart decision. I take off the seat-belt then lean forward trying to control my breathing.

"Pull over," I order him in my obvious state of disarray. 

As the car comes to a stop, I quickly exit and so do the contents of my stomach. A few tears escape my eyes as I empty my stomach. 

God, this is embarrassing! I ball my hands into fists as I begin to feel lightheaded, the last thing I see is Leo's deep blue eyes before I black out.

***

I'm greeted by harsh lighting the moment I open my eyes. 

I blink twice as my pupils begin to adjust, to my left is an EKG machine and an IV drip. Standing beside those is a male nurse writing on a clipboard. 

To my right are two empty chairs, one closer to my bed and the other in a corner. Looking down at myself I realize that I'm dressed in an ugly pastel colour hospital gown. 

As soon as realization of my whereabouts strike, I sit up quickly. Being stuck in a hospital is one of my deepest fears. 

The male nurse flashes a warm smile at me then steps closer to the small bed. "Good, you're awake." 

I ignore his annoying friendliness as I proceed to pull out the IV from my hand. With one tug I pull it from my arm without even a small wince.

"I'm afraid you can't do that," I ball up my fist then with a solid swing I punch him in the stomach. 

The nurse falls to his knees while clutching his stomach. I ignore his groans as I pull off the wires which hooks me up to the EKG machine. 

I swing my legs from off the bed as I spot my clothes from earlier neatly folded on top of a desk which I didn't notice from before. My legs shake slightly as I stand, the male nurse continues to groan loudly, he's such a pussy. 

I step over him as I make my way towards the desk. With my back to the door, I quickly pull on my pants while using my eyes to feverishly search for the bag which Mikey gave me.

"What the hell is going on?" I freeze at the unknown voice. 

I can just imagine how bad this scene must look. I turn around in defeat, all efforts to escape just flew out the window as I'm greeted with the stare of an angry doctor and deep blue eyes of a pissed off Leo. 

Another nurse arrives and helps the male nurse who I injured. Leo remains silent as the doctor asked me to fill out a form.

Afterwards, the chubby doctor hands me a prescription. "What's this?" I rudely ask.

"Just some stress medication." 

I roll my eyes, "I'm not stressed." 

The doctor sighs softly, "judging by my findings, I say you are. And you should consider taking it easy for a few days." 

I scoff, "you're not my doctor." 

He sighs once more, "you listed an army therapist as your doctor. I could easily call him and ask." 

Leo looks at me in surprise as the doctor says that. He probably doesn't want to stick his dick into me anymore now that he knows I'm a nut-job. 

The doctor leaves us after he gave me some more instructions. Leo didn't utter one word to me as he drove me from the hospital, and I don't blame him. 

I wouldn't talk to me either, I must admit that I've been a bitch to him, even though he's trying to get me to give him a chance. Maybe I'll just do that, what do I have to lose?

I just have to say a big thank you to each and every one of you guys. Thanks so much for your support, it's much appreciated. Stay tuned for chapter 9, which will be posted promptly. Happy reading. Tasha :)