Chapter 14

A few weeks pass I was sat at the table in the servant sewing  garments trying not to puke as I wasn't feeling too well me and Thomas haven't really spoken other than when we have too, I was focusing on what I was doing as it was a very delicate and required a lot of concentration, when I feel suddenly feel something wet on my seat, I stand and feel rather faint  Mrs Patmore comes in holding a tray of food  "Lillian your bleeding" she says while quickly putting the food down I fall to the ground.

Thomas point of view
I make my way back to the servant quarters when I hear  someone shouting "somebody get a doctor" it sounds like Mrs Patmore i rush down the stairs to see the last person I expected on the floor.

"Lillian" I run to be by her side not caring what people would say she looks pale then I look from the seat to her dress to see a lot of blood. Daisy stares at her "don't just stand there you stupid girl go and get help" I bark in her direction, she scurries off. I turn to Mrs Patmore.

"I'll go and get some towels" she says standing up and leaving the room.

"Am I going to loose it" Lillian crocks out in a whisper her green eyes are full of fear I don't know what came over me I pull her close to me she sobs into my chest "I'm losing it Thomas" she sobs more "this is gods way of punishing me for not believing you ".... a tear falls from my eye.

"This isn't your fault, I haven't been the most honest man I'm sorry for making you doubt me". I rub her back.

It feels like eternity until people start arriving I still don't let go of her as they all enter the room.

The doctor soon arrives and Lillian was taken to another room in the house I stand outside with Andy

"So does she know the truth" she comments.

"Andy shut up" I snap smoking on my Cigarette she will never know the truth never I can change for her and my children.

"She has a effect on you Barrow your going soft and that child too" he smirks "your not as cold hearted as people say"

"Thomas" Mrs Hughes shouts "your needed upstairs Mr Henry had asked for you he's inconsolable he saw her when they took her upstairs".

Mrs Hughes guides me too where Henry was it was a room away from where his mother was he was with Lady Mary he looks up at me from the bed where he was sat his eyes are full of tears and it breaks me, he runs towards me and I pick him up holding him tight  "Thomas what's wrong with mummy did someone hurt her again" again that doesn't fit well with me I want to question the young boy but decide against it "will mummy die" I don't know that answer either little one.

"That I don't know Henry that's something I don't know", he hugs me tighter "but she is in safe hands the doctor is with her".

I sit on the bed putting Henry down next to me "Thomas will you look after mummy make sure nobody hurts her like that mean man".

"I Will Henry I will look after you both I promise".

Hope you all like the update