003

It's been two days since I met Kacchan, and I haven't heard from him

This is perfect evidence of why I hate to be the one giving out my number. I can never rely on people to get back to me, and I have no way of texting him first. If he had given me his number, I could've messaged him first and—

Vrrt! Vrrt!

Well, speak of the devil.

My phone vibrates excitedly as a call comes in from an unknown number. I hit accept and lift to phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Deku, it's me."

"I figured as much. How are you?" I ask, because I never know what to say to people on the phone. Gosh, texting is just so much easier.

"Fine, fine. Hey, listen. I gave Kirishima the bouquet."

"Oh, did he understand it?"

"You bet he did. Thanks for that, again."

I nod even though he can't see me.

"So, I was thinking about our plan," he continues.

I begin walking in circles in my room. It's just a stupid habit I have when I'm on the phone, because I don't know what to do while I listen.

"Have you mentioned it to anyone?"

"Not yet..."

"Alright, so, we can't tell anyone that it's fake. If some idiot leaks it, then the whole thing will end up backfiring."

"Remind me why I'm doing this again?" I sigh.

"Shaddup, you agreed and you're not going back now!" he yells down the line.

I hold the phone away from my ear to avoid permanent damage to my inner canals.

"I'm just messing with you," I say. "I'm totally up for it. Just run through the rules with me."

"Kay. No telling anyone it's fake, not even your parents—"

"Does this mean I have to tell my mother I'm dating you?"

"Ahhhh," he considers it. "Not if you don't want to. I mean, if you're actually into girls, this could confuse—"

"I'm bi," I cut in.

"Are you out?"

"Yes."

"Okay. You can tell her we're dating, if you want to. I'll probably tell my oldies."

"Okay, so we make it public to everyone," I nod. "Continue."

"We post about our relationship on social media."

"Mhmm," I agree. "I only have Insta, but sure."

"That's fine, me too. Also, you go to parties with me. Get on the social scene. If Kirishima's there, then you gotta be there too."

I groan loudly. "College parties? Give me a break."

"Introvert?" he guesses.

"Definitely," I sigh. "But fine, I'll manage a few parties."

"They won't kill you." I can picture him rolling his ruby eyes. "So, that's all."

"Okay..."

"There's a party tomorrow night at one of the fraternity houses."

I pull a face even though he can't see. "Are you a frat boy?"

"Ew, fuck no. I'd never live in a frat house. I have a normal, two-person dorm with my friend Kaminari."

"Thank goodness, frat boys are disgusting"

"Kirishima is one."

"Oh. Sorry."

"Whatever. He's hosting the party at his fraternity. So show up and make sure you look hot."

"H-hot?" I stutter.

"I need to look like I upgraded."

"I think you should've chosen someone else for the job then..."

"Ugh, please don't be one of those fucking annoying insecure pussies. You're cute, okay? You'll do great."

Something swells in my chest. I'm cute?! "Ah, alright... do you know who Kirishima cheated with?"

"Yeah, one of his frat boys, Tetsutetsu or something. They swear they're just 'homies' but this isn't the first time I've caught them together." I can hear the resentment in his voice.

"Darn, you've got it bad," I whisper.

"Uh-huh. Anyway, text me your address and I'll pick you up at seven tomorrow."

"Alright. Bye, Kacchan."

"Bye, Deku," he hangs up.

I text him my address and shut my phone off.

Oh boy. I have to look hot? 

 I have to look hot?