1

It's only afternoon when he sees it. A midnight walk leads him to the place he's standing in, it's only feels like a second before he realizes that he's staring. But the bunny like figure jumping gracefully from rooftop to rooftop is engaging in ways his Geometry class never was. His skin was vibrant—practically glowing—in the slowly coming morning , dew and the raw scent of grass gives the air just that bit of a tangy flavor. And as he breathes in deeply, his lungs filling with air, his eyes widen and his heart beats hurriedly in his chest.

Both Moon and Sun entangle, holding hands as the clouds do the same. They don't chase after each other, preferring to spend this time in harmony with each other like lovers before returning back to the regularly planned schedule of stars, clouds, and soft days. Where the sun is gentle and the moon is glistening in the sky, holding the twinkling lights above his head like magic.

He tries his best to chase after it. It's small and frail yet so fast. It ducks between alleyways and climbs up fire escapes with a grace that only a person with perfect balance could accomplish. It spins with jumps and points it's toes towards the ground, spinning into a third arabesque and landing on the second roof's border with a gentle plié. Before he knows it he's panting harshly and only the soft gurgling giggles of it are what's left behind.

The wind runs it's fingers gently through his hair and his throat burns with the absolute need that's tugging at his heart to find out who that is. His heart pumps his body with much needed blood and his lungs expand rapidly, his stomach churning violently.

He coughs into his hand and laughs, it's wet but filled with a type of weird atmospheric giddiness, and for once Shouta feels content with how far into Mustafu he's traveled. He hasn't traveled to this specific city in what feels like eons, he almost forgot the sporadic way the street lights illuminate the dark night or the burn in the back of his throat that is pleasurable in a way that only a late night run makes him feel.

He looks up at the moon with pitch black eyes, darker than the sky without the stars and smiles, he can't help it. The funny feeling in his chest that warms him even in the evening where everything is cold makes the stress ebb off of him like a waterfall.

He sighs, the burn isn't gone and part of him wishes it would stay. He walks to the corner store that he ran past trying to find the delicate creature and grabs a water and iced coffee out of the freezer near the back of the store.

Only the soft buzzing and crinkle of the chip bag in his hand is echoing throughout the store. He walks up to the no doubt local of the neighborhood, a woman with silky gray hair, her features are burdened with the stress of wrinkles. She looks at him with plaid eyes and he almost mistakes it as a quirk before she's handing him the bag.

She waves him off and Shouta turns around, the feeling of 'comfortably content' is wiped off the table as he opens the door. The old ladies voice rings out before he can even get the chance to close the door.

"Don't chase 'em" She says, he looks back, ready to glare and interrogate her, but her stone face is set and her hands have caressed each other.

"He's a little demon, that he is. Running around on rooftops, yes he is. They all tell 'em to stop but 'e doesn't no 'e never does," Shouta's gut twists and the exchanged words between the lady and the responds she gives herself make him quiver in the night.

Vaguely, he wonders what happened to the warm soft feeling that wrapped his heart in a blanket and made him smile.

She continued on, Shouta couldn't help but listen to the nonsense she spoke, along with the  jabbered words, reassurances she give herself after she finished a sentence or two and the way she stood, not hunched like and old lady, but straight like puppet held by a string.

"Be safe out 'ere, he's only a 'ittle boy, dunno where his 'ome is and even the cops have tried ta help 'em, always ends up runnin off though.." She stops there and her plaid eyes cast downwards and finally he steps out, his bag crinkling in his hand, sync with his steps. He decides that he'll crash at Hizashi's place for the day.