3

Izuku's boots are muddied in the dew of green grass. The plenty of protest from the green little blades has him recoiling off of it as he tries his best to apologize to all of them.

One of them wavers in the draft that comes in and filters through the field of greenery. Soon all of them are repressed back into a soft sleeping state in the comfort of the rising sun, no longer complaining about him stepping on them.

He whispers another soft apology to them, the winds whisper into his ears and only then is he getting up off of the hard concrete on the sidewalk and walking off. His yellow backpack tight in his grip.

He yawns, wide mouthed showing off his pink tongue as tired tears make their way into his eyes and he puts one foot in front of the other, the wind rushes past him and ruffles his hair playfully.

He definitely didn't get a full night's sleep last night and if his mum found out it would be the death of him. Dancing on rooftops isn't exactly the most beneficial way to fill time is it. Not to mention that he was being tailed by another mortal who could see him. His mother would be so disappointed.  He shivered at the thought of his mum scolding him.

But he couldn't help it! Having people chase after you like their lives depended on it, like it was a wild goose chase to see who was dancing on the rooftops, and then after, seeing the serene look on their faces. Knowing he did that was as magical as messing with the music in peoples cars or weaving the air so they could create beautiful winds that blew onto the spinning fans that Izuku liked to watch, or the way the winds sounded in wind chimes.

He especially loved last nights chase. The man chasing him seemed so bent, determined too chase him, and after that, the laughter that spilled from his lips like a waterfall made him so giddy, he didn't know how to explain it.

He sighed as he skipped on the concrete, humming the same gentle song that the wind sang constantly last night, at first he found it annoying but who's he to judge what type of music the winds want to whisper at night. It was always comforting when he was five.

Kacchan for some reason, could never hear it. It's frustrating because if Kacchan doesn't know it and if Kacchan can't hear it, how is he supposed to tell his best friend about it? But it's okay, Kacchan doesn't look at him anymore though, doesn't acknowledge his presence at all. 

He doesn't know where his mum is either but he reminisces in her memory, he remembers her hums as they travel with the wind. Each gust a story told in a song that Izuku can hear. It's nice, helpful when he can't sleep on a particularly hard night, it's always the same memory of her soft warm hands rubbing his chubby cheeks or putting a flower pin in his hand when he had bad days.

The trees talk to him all the time, telling him about how his mother helped them find clarity and how she tended to their roots. The last time he saw her was when he was barely three, her green hair flowing in the wind and her wings glowing with the only magic that he's known since he was five.  It was always mesmerizing to him how aether could be used in so many different ways, mum was a garden faery though, so she only tended to peoples gardens, and so he, as his mothers understudy, was taught how to use garden aether too. Part of the aether he was taught to use was called Clarity.

Clarity was a type of magic that Izuku knew how to control, it was the magic of light and reassurance. It's what most of his kind mess with, it's the power to heal and comfort and love. Izuku sighed at the memories of it all. Peaceful and content. That's how he wanted all the people in the mortal realm to feel. After watching all the chaos go down, all he wanted was to reach out and hug the whole world, he knew he couldn't though, so he helped where he could, wandering down alleys and jumping from roofs. He hoped that, even if most people didn't travel around at night, that they would still feel the clarity seep into their bones and rest underneath their eyelids, making them sleep deeper, maybe even sleep better.

To see how they relaxed after chasing him, to see how they always wore smiles and how their shoulders fell and became content as he dispersed their pain. It was nice, to take the bad and replace it with good, even if for only a second.

Sometimes people just stored up so much pain and resentment that not even he could make them feel okay it's crazy how they hadn't gone berserk or bonkers yet. In the event that they do snap however, well....

Izuku wasn't trained for those.