Shadows and Harmony Part 2

you were at Twilight's welcome to ponyvile party, which Pinkie obviously set up herself, it was flawless. music was just right, all your friends were there, and you were drinking  from a flask of caramel apple bourbon that pinkie pulled from her mane and gave to you. you never took her for a drinker, but then again maybe she wasn't, nothing was certain when it came to that mare.

you were currently talking with Rarity.

Rarity: Darling, While I understand a majority of the specifications, what I fail to understand is why you ask me to make the majority of your clothes Black.

Y/n: It's just my color preference Rarity. I just prefer black and the darker shades of other colors. Like your mane and tail for instance, their both a beautiful shade of indigo purple.

Rarity blushes at your sentiment, she couldn't help it really. Whenever you said anything   remotely nice to her she felt flustered. Normally when a stallion approached her with a nice words of any kind it was then followed by them asking her for a date, she turned them all away of course. Her main goal currently was to find a prince to marry, but however, even when you weren't around, she found her mind drifting off to thoughts mainly about  you. 

Rarity: W-why thank you darling.

Y/n: Well your welcome. *sips bourbon*

Just then you noticed Twilight walk into the bedroom of the library, seeming slightly annoyed. 

Rainbow: What's up with her?

You turn your head seeing Rainbow dash on your left.

Y/n: Don't know, Imma go talk to her. Dash, hold my drink.

Rainbow: Sure thing.

You hand the flask to her and she takes it in her right hoof, as you walk off dash can be seen drinking the booze. You follow twilight into her room to find her sitting on a bed with a pillow covering her head with a depressed atmosphere around her.

Y/n: Hey twilight, you ok?

Twilight: *sigh* well. . . .

Y/n: Well?

You could see it on her face, she was internally debating on whether or not she should tell you something. Eventually, she came to her decision.

Twilight: Ok, so here's the thing, before i came to ponyvile I read an old pony tale and it says on the longest day of the thousandth year, the stars will aid in Nightmare Moon's escape and she will bring eternal night, and I believe that it's referring to tonight and. . . . .

Y/n's thoughts: Wait, she said Nightmare Moon right? 

Twilight: Ummmm, Y/n?

Y/n: I'm sorry, but did you say Nightmare Moon?

Twilight: Yes why, do you not believe me?

She looked at you with a distressed face.

Y/n: No actually in a matter a fact, I do believe you and I would like to offer you my help.   

Twilight looked up at you with quite a a bit of surprise.

Twilight: Really?

Y/n: Yeah, as if I'll just sit back and let her have her way.  So yeah count me in.

Twilight was stunned you, a creature whom she just met instantly believes her and is willing to risk his life alongside her.

Y/n: Besides your my friend, and I'll be damned to tartarus before I let anyone hurt my friends.