Imposter

I watched as he paced the room, his green hair a mess, and his eyes wide and calculating. I tried to put on an easy smile, walking forward and grabbing his arm. 

"Baby, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about! They would be fools to attack us while we're here," I smiled, looking deep into his insane eyes. 

"My dear, you know me, I can never relax," he smirked, but it only made me more uncomfortable. 

"Say, Deku, what are you worried about anyway? If they come you'll just take them down like always! They're not exactly the strongest heroes out there," I asked cautiously. 

"Well, I'd rather be on my feet when they attack than lounging around waiting for something bad to happen," He sighed, turning to face his desk. The plan flashed in my mind and I knew it went time. I slowly crept forward, my hand outstretched to make his body weightless. 

I knew Bokugou and Kirishima were right outside the window, waiting for my signal, and Todoroki and Kaminari should have already taken most of the villains in the lower sections out by now. Aizawa was supposed to handle the off-base team, our backup in case things go sideways. 

It felt awful to lie to Deku all this time, but it was necessary for taking him down! My fingers were so close to touching his jacket when he started talking again. 

"You know, I didn't give you an inch of trust. I knew you would betray me, Uraraka, and you did. You should know first hand that I don't take well to being pushed around," He said calmly, not moving a muscle. I froze in my spot, my hand shaking slightly as my nerves exploded. I was sure my heartbeat could be heard from a mile away as it rang in my ears. 

"I-I don't know what you mean, Deku. I'm your loyal servant!" I tried, but my voice shook so much I knew it was fruitless. 

"I'm not an idiot, Uraraka," He growled, slowly rising from his chair. I let my hand drop to my side as I stumbled away from him, my breath caught in my throat, and my body composed with anxiety and panic. 

I watched as green arches of energy started to explode from him, making his eyes more intense than they already were. My legs felt like jello, but I continued standing. 

"Deku," I whispered out, trying to plead with him. 

"So, where's Kacchan? Is he one of the two heroes who have been quietly taking out my forces below us? Or is he part of the group right below my window?" He asked thoughtfully, walking past me and to the window. He slid the glass up and leaned over the side. I watched as he smiled widely at the two. 

"Why, hello! care to join me?" He asked. 

"Crap, crap crap," I heard Bakugou Bakugou say as they ran off and into the forest surrounding the building. I knew Kirishima would have called for a retreat, letting Todoroki and Kaminari know what happened, and telling Aizawa plan A failed. This left me by myself. 

I ran towards the window, expecting to jump out and float myself down to the ground, but Deku caught my arm before I could get there. 

"Ah, ah, ah. Don't think I'm done with you yet," He glared. 

"Deku, please! Think about this! I'm your friend! We're all your friends! We just want to help!" I cried, trying to yank my arm from his grip, but he only squeezed my wrist harder. 

"Help me? I don't need help! I have everything under control!" He smiled.