The Beginning, Chapter 1- 𝘈 𝘕𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘺

Setting: The Safe House
Time: 3:15pm- 10:20pm
Date: December 16th 2020

"Oh, my, gosh!" I say as I walk into my friends house, almost falling over with excitement to tell them the best news in the world, "I just had the BEST date with Erik ever!"

"I thought you two were "just friends. "" Vy says, putting 'just friends' in quotations.

"Well, I mean, yeah, he thinks we're just friends." I admit, "but I can change that... soon!"

"Hey, doesn't that relate to the " If they
say no, it means no" saying?" Daniel calls out while sitting at the table across from Vy and I.

"Well, no!" I say. "No it doesn't, how did you even get that from what I just said?"

We don't say anything for a few seconds, then Vy asks me, "Soo, how was the date?"

"Oh my gosh, it was amazing!! I could already feel that he was falling in love with me." I say smiling, I could feel Daniel rolling his eyes at me, even with his back turned.

"Awww!!!" Vy says, smiling as well, even though she sounded a bit sarcastic.

"I know, right? I'm thinking of asking him out again soon, maybe to the movies?" I say, walking over to the counter to place my purse down.

"Hey, aren't we in a global pandemic?" Chad asks as he walks in from his and Vy's room, "Aren't you two not suppose to be hanging out together? You're not in the same cohort."

"Well we've been hanging out for... A few months now." I say as Chad cuts me off.

"Also didn't the second wave of the virus just hit? Didn't thousands of people get the virus everywhere?"

"Oh my gosj, Chad," I said, "calm down."

"Well, if you wanna get the virus, go ahead."

I roll my eyes as I place my purse down on the counter and I grab a cup and fill it with water, I drink my water while looking through photos from my date with Erik, we took some selfies, oh my gosh, he is so cute! I remember how we met, it was in January, I was going to the store and bumped into someone, I fell to the ground, then I see a hand in front of me, I look up and see him, the most handsome guy in the world, Erik, he helped me up and we started chatting, we both like Harry Styles' music, we exchanged phone numbers and started talking a few months later and met up again in March.

I then finish my water and put my cup in the dishwasher, then I walk to my room and, I look at my calendar on the wall, nothing happening next Sunday, so I mark it "another date with Erik?"

Earlier on our date today, I asked him what my name in his contacts was and it was: "Regina 🙂💜", there was a heart! Not a red heart, but still a heart, he asked what mine was and I was going to check than realized my name for him was "Erik 💞😍", I couldn't tell him that! So I lied and said it was just "Erik 🙂".

I then received a text notification, it was from none other than Erik!! I quickly pick up my phone and read the text:

E: Hey, Regina, I really enjoyed our date today!

O.M.G. Did he just call it a date? I was right! He is falling for me!

I texted him back: So did I!
I didn't ask him out right then and there, I think that I'm going to wait a while, let's see, nothing happening on the 20th, maybe then...

Ok, so this first chapter is short and was originally written a while ago (I don't remember the exact date, but I think I actually started writing it like last year but didn't really do anything until like Feburary, lol). Also, how do you guys like the first chapter? Sorry that it's so short lol.

Word count: 676 words