𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

"𝘈𝘱𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥, 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘢𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘺."

"𝘕𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 ?... 𝘕𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨."

"𝘕-𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨"

"𝘖𝘩 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳"

The maids opened my bed curtains and Comtesse de Noailles looked at me as I woke up. I fell asleep after a couple of minutes.

I looked at them with my eyes almost fully closed as they curtsied. I just pulled the blanket over my head.

„Madame, at the morning dressing ceremony, rights of entry are given to members of the high court. Major rights to princesses of the blood and mistresses of the household." she takes my hand and helps me out of bed.
„While minor rights to the valets and charges." She continues.

After I stood up almost loosing my balance everyone curtsied again.

The women start to dress me as I just look around awkwardly. With my Mary's if was less awkward obviously since we've known each other since we were little.

„Anyone with rights of entry may enter at any time. So you must pay attention to acknowledging properly each arrival." She says as two women clean my hands.

„And you must not reach for anything." she says fast as I reach for a towel. „For the handing of an item to the Dauphine is a guarded privilege. Must go to the highest rank in the room." she kind of scolds me. I just wanted to help. Another thing that was different with the Mary's.

„For example, the Princess de Lamballe is a Princess of the blood by marriage." she says whispering the „by marriage".

„Madame." Comtesse de Noailles says to the Princess de Lamballe before she pulled my chemise off and I just stand there awkwardly waiting as the Princess de Lamballe gives me a small awkward apologetic smile.

„It's so cold." I say

„Yes." she smiles at me before she puts a different chemise back on me.

„Good Morning." An older lady enters.

„Oh. So now the position must go to the Duchess of Char because she is also a princess of the blood."

We both curtsy as does everyone else before she slowly unfolds my chemise but get interrupted by someone else entering.

„Hello." a younger lady enters.

"So now, as a member of the royal family, your sister-in-law the Comtesse de Provence must have the honour."

She slowly takes her gloves one finger by one before we all curtsy again as I just look around helpless.

After what felt like ten hours I'm finally dressed... I can't wait to do this three times a day.

•••

I sat in the front row of the chapel the Comtesse de Noailess and Princess de Lamballe next to me. I just look around being bored but start to laugh as I see and old women who fell asleep. Trying not to laugh really loud I touch Marie's, Princess de Lamballes, arm as I gesture towards the women. As we both try not to laugh Anne, Comtesse de Noailess, silently scolds us so we just look around laughing from time to time.

•••

Louis and I sat at our table as our food got served.

"So I heard you make keys as a hobby?" I try to make conversation

"Yes" he answers

"So you... enjoy making keys?" Obviously he does Mary.

"Obviously." I could've expected that