𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

May 15th, 1770

𝘋𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘈𝘯𝘯𝘢,

𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘹𝘶𝘢𝘭 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘶𝘴𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘥. 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘴 𝘢𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯. 𝘙𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘰-𝘉𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘦𝘥.

𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘺 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦,
𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘔𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳.

I look into the mirror „What am I doing wrong?" I ask myself. Everyone always wanted to look like me... to be me. I could always do anything, yet I struggle with something so easy.
I will do my best and tonight it'll happen.... finally. I look at myself one last time before I walk away to eat my macaroons.

<3

One of my Ladies in waiting puts on my chemise before the maid sprayed me with parfum. I take a deep breath before I climb into bed.

"Oh it's cold." I snuggle myself a laying Louis.

"It is a bit chilly. Shall I get you a blanket?" He goes to stand up but I hold him down "No, it's okay."

I put my arm over his torso and my leg over his.

"Whoo-hoo! Woo... Are those your feet? They're like icicles." He looks at me.

"Oh." I move a bit to the side.

"Well... sleep well." He turns around on his side

I pause and look around awkwardly "Thank you."

"Night." I continue

"Good Night." I still out my arm around him. I think he was quite uncomfortable but I guess that's how you make progress.

<3

Light shined in my face as a lot of ladies looked at me and I did what I do everyday.
Get dressed, go to church, dine with Louis and take a walk with Marie and my Ladies in Waiting. But today was a different day. Yes I could do something different finally but not yet.

Louis takes a sip of his wine as I just stare at him lost in my thoughts. He looks back at me and I smile at him. A gesture he returned.

<3

"Your hair always looks so pretty." Marie says as we walk arm-to-arm through the hall of mirrors with my ladies in waiting behind me.

"Oh, do you think so?"

"Yes it's gorgeous."

"That's very kind of you. I love yours too you need to tell me the names of your hair dresser and dressmaker. They are a dream- or perhaps we could get the seamstress to come in for both of us. That would be nice wouldn't it?"

"That would be very nice indeed. It's so nice to have your hair colour. Have you been to see Léonard?"

"No."

"My head is in agony. This morning, I think, you know-"

"Did he pull it?"

"Léonard must've been in a bad mood because he was pulling my hair so hard."

A woman, who I think a friend of the king, walks next to us and I smile at her as she smirks while Marie continues talking.

"And I want to tell him, you know, it's not my fault if he's had a bad morning. Don't take it out in my scalp."

The woman smiles at me but runs against me.

"That was unnecessary." Marie pats my arm as the woman scolds the boy running behind her.

<3

I was playing some cards when I remembered my question that I had.

"Who was that lady earlier?"

"Do you mean Du Barry?" Marie asks

"She's the mistress of the king." She continues

"The king bought her a title. She isn't actually allowed to be here."

"Oh I thought she was just his friend I mean I could've thought of it."

"You're so pure Anné." Marie says as I smile at her.

We started playing cards again as Louis did whatever he was doing and the Comtesse de Provence started singing as Loui, her husband, watched her in awe while we were all giving each other looks.

"I would love to go to the opera in Paris." I speak up smiling.

"Why go to the opera when we can listen to the Comtesse here?" Comte Louis de Provence said proudly.

"Because-" is start but Marie pats my arm, shaking her head.

"Must she sing all night?" Charles, Comte Charles d'Artois, asked annoyed. As I laughed silently.

"Can't you do something about your wife?" Charles asked as Louis and Charles gave each other dirty looks, while my Louis continued to play his game.

"Madam..." Compt Louis says to the Comtesse
"....shall we retire to make love all night?" He asks as she giggles.
"Four times last night wasn't enough." He says to Louis walking away as he just looks at him a slight smile on his face while I longingly stare at the pair.

Louis does a little jump and looks around smiling proudly as I smile at him.

"Did you win?" I ask smiling

"Not yet but I will Madame." He smiles back.