𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

"Drugs, trafficking, gangs, prostitution, you name it!
And it was all led by one person, he appeared out of nowhere a couple of years back and took control of everything, his men are everywhere, from the police to even high-profile politicians from that city work under him!

We don't know much about him, hell! Even his appearance is unknown, but what I do know is that we must be the ones to show the world the true side of this city and show people what's going on once the sun sets!

Do you have any idea of how big this could be y/n?!"

Said female just reluctantly looked at the paper in front of her, her leg shaking up and down,
she was nervous,
she could hardly form a propper reply.

"I know but this isn't just any case-!"

"That's why- that's why we have to be the ones that uncover this!"

"But what if things go wrong? We could all die or, or what if they-"

"But we aren't targeting him, we're targeting a minor politician affiliated with that gang, for now at least, it's not like you'll immediately run into the boss, anyway, do you accept?"

"Before that, could do you answer why you didn't choose someone with more experience, why would you send a rookie like me with little-to-no experience to a place so dangerous?"

"If we sent any of our better-known reporters they would alert them, we don't want that, plus, you know the language there so you will struggle less on your own too."

Y/n knitted her brows together, a serious expression dressing her features, unconsciously biting the top of her pen as she sat there.

Thoughts of future scenarios filled her mind. 'What will happen if I get caught?'
'But if I succeed...' 'It's too dangerous!'

Her mind was swarmed and she was confused, her uncle was asking her to do this, she owed him a lot, if it weren't for him she wouldn't even be able to pursue her dream and have become a journalist but she couldn't just...

"Fine."

It was a short and simple remark, rather unthoughtful even, but the weight that one word carried could not be understood, not even y/n understood what that words meant, or how it would change her life forever.

🥃A/N🥃
Hi guys! I know I'm not supposed to start another book when I've already got so many unfinished ones but I just cOulDn'T hElP mYsElF
Please tell me what you think, I'd love to hear your opinion of this so far!

🥃Edited, 437 Words🥃