2 - Late night Quidditch

A few days had passed since she Felicity Mellor had arrived at the Burrow and today was the day they were really going to have some fun, if there was one thing that the girl had a knack for it was mischief, it was the reason she got on so well with the twins and Lee Jordan. There was no thrill like the lead up to a plan, the fire in your stomach, the smirk always tugging at your lips, the tension held in your shoulders in anticipation.

"Ready?" George asked with a wink as he knocked on Ginny's door where she was staying at 2 am.

"Always am" she replied sneaking out of the room,

They sneaked down the stairs, pausing at any sound moving silently, like a well-oiled machine. "God I've missed this" Flick whispered but before George could reply a sound echoed through the house making them freeze in fear. George stepped in front of Felicity, placing a hand over her mouth and moving her into a dark doorway, flattening themselves against the door as they listened silently their eyes alert. Flick licked his hand her eyes sparkling with laughter the boy flinched and shook his head moving his hand and listening intently. Although you couldn't see in the moonlight, the colour drained from felicity's as she realised that Mrs Weasley was not asleep and in fact on her way upstairs after grabbing a glass of water.

Without thinking her actions through Felicity wrapped herself around George and pulled him even closer to her trying to disappear into the wall, hoping beyond hope that Mrs Weasley wouldn't notice them. She went to apologise suddenly very aware of his actions, but George placed a finger against her lips and shot her a warning look. The look however melted away and turned into something much more electric, filled with fire and unspoken tension. Neither could look away from the other, their gaze intense and full of something that they couldn't quite explain. Friends don't look at each other like that idiot Flick thought to herself breaking the eye contact and burying her head into his chest instead. Not a better position, she thought to herself as she could hear his heart pounding out of his chest and the breath hitched in her throat suffocating in his murky scent inappropriate thoughts swirling around her mind.

Once again thankful for the darkness she pushed the colour out of her cheeks dreading to think just how red they would have been, Mrs Weasley could be heard climbing into her bed so with a sigh of relief the pair made their way outside and clambered onto the brooms Fred was holding out for the pair. "Why the hold-up?" Ron asked, who seemed particularly stressed. Flick leaned over and ruffled his hair shooting him a comforting look.

"It's just late-night quidditch, chill Ronnie."

The four of them spent a blissful hour and a half flying around the fields near the Lovegoods, listening to music, and enjoying the wind flying through their hairs. They took in turns flying on Flicks nimbus 2000, while it wasn't as good as Harrys Firebolt it was still the best by far. Ginny was pelting across the night sky laughter escaping her lips as she let off steam. The group stayed out for a while, Flick absolutely destroying anyone who attempted to guard the goal. She let out a grunt and a cry of happiness as she managed to hit Fred over the head with an apple, laughing hysterically, joined by George who flew next to her.

There was however a weird energy between the two, all evening they'd accidentally caught the other looking at each other, smiling awkwardly and flying in the other direction blushes threatening to tint their cheeks. After getting bored of not being able to play a proper game with only the five of them they flew back to the burrow, Gin close to her side shooting her knowing looks.

"What?" Flick asked eventually exasperated by the glances she kept receiving.

"Noothing," she hummed out, "just wondered what was going on with you and Georgie?"