15 ≫ reunited

(Eliza's POV)

July 17th 2:45 am

Click. Bang. Crack.

Those were the three distinct noises in my nightmares for about four nights in a row. They didn't even have the decency to wake me up at a reasonable hour. So, after four nights of the same thing over and over again, I stopped sleeping. But who needs sleep anyways?

During my time 'not sleeping' I had been working on getting my Spiderwoman suit ready for patrol once again. The blood stains took about six hours to get out, until Mr. Stark came into my room, and saw what I was doing. He got mad at first that I had gotten blood on the suit, but then I explained to him who's blood it was.

I found out that the reason I needed my glasses again, was because I was losing my powers by doubting myself as Spiderwoman with those nightmares playing over and over in my head. But since I haven't slept in the past three days, I'm completely fine!

I still felt really weak though, there wasn't really an explanation for that.

In exactly 21 hours and 15 minutes, I would be able to talk to and see Peter. I really can't believe that we made it through this whole week without any communication. I hope he was doing better than me. I hadn't smiled all week.

(Peter POV)

July 17th 2:45 am

This past week without Eli was basically torture. I couldn't sleep and I still was really weak. There was a lot more time to hang out with Liz though. Usually she just sat at my desk on her phone. I found out that she has never watched Star Wars and I fell silent for about five minutes before I snapped out of it. I guess it was fine, she was nice. 

In 21 hours and 15 minutes I would be able to see Eli though, and that's what I've been focusing on this past week, the count down.

(3rd Person POV)

July 17th 11:45 pm

There were fifteen minutes until the pair of best friends would see each other and all the Avengers waited in anticipation for Peter to arrive. They all didn't really have anything else to do, so this was the best thing. 

Bucky walked into Eliza's room and saw her laying on her bed, with her phone in hand. She had insane bags under her eyes and was dressed in sweatpants and a t-shirt, just like she had been for the past week. Everyone guessed that she wasn't usually like this, and that she just missed Peter. Which was true.

"Whatcha doing kiddo?" Bucky asked.

Eliza looked up from her phone, "Reading Harry x Draco fan fiction, what are you doing?" 

"Waiting for your best friend to show up," Bucky said.

"Me too," she said.

"So you're reading gay fan fiction to pass the time?" he asked.

"That's exactly what I'm doing," she said plainly.

Bucky stared at her for a moment until he said, "Eh, it's okay. I do that too." He looked at the clock and saw that it said 11:59 pm.

"Alright he's here!" Tony yelled from the living room.

Eliza scrambled out of her bed as fast as she could tripping and stumbling all the way to the door. Bucky laughed at her and she glared, running out of the room. 

Peter stood by the couch, waiting for Eliza. He heard someone tripping and assumed it was her so he bounced up and down on his feet impatiently. Eliza tripped into the living room and once they saw each other, their faces lit up with happiness. It was the first time Eliza had smiled in a week.