Prologue

"She's beautiful," a young woman huffed out as she touched her baby's face with a shaken hand. Sweat covered her forehead causing her long brown hair to stick to her face.

The woman's father smiled down at her and his one and only grandchild, "She looks just like you, Mi-Kimi."

Mi-Kimi looked up and returned a smile as she laughed hearing the noise outside the door. "Please, let them in, it seems their eager to see her."

The nursemaids bowed and one of them opened the door to see a couple guards holding back a few people who wanted to get inside. "Let me in you stupid son of a-" before they could finish they were smacked on the head by a woman with black hair that was halfway up in a bun and halfway braided down her back.

"Mind your words, Mari, there's a child present," she glared at a tan-skinned woman named Mari as she walked into the room with an aggravated man following.

Mari rubbed the tender spot on her head mumbling to herself, "Not like she could understand what I'd be saying she's just a baby.... dumbass."

"Batya," Mi-kimi reached a hand out to her friend.

"My Queen," Batya bowed before grabbing her outstretched hand. Getting closer to the baby she beamed down at the child, "she's stunning your grace!"

Mari strutted over to the baby standing over her poking her cheeks, "cute dimples."

"Hey!" Mari was smacked on the head again, but this time by the man who came in second. He crossed his arms over his armored chest, "Don't touch the princess so casually, you careless witch!"

"What did you call me Nobuo?!" Mari went in for an attack, but a noise stopped everyone.

The baby hummed slightly as her eyes fluttered open, looking around not really seeing much other than shapes until Mi-Kimi leaned forward to stare into her eyes. The girl stared back into her mother's gaze, their eyes matching in color. She gave a small smile before humming again, closing her magenta eyes.

Mi-Kimi giggled nuzzling her closer.

Everyone else released the breath they didn't know they were holding as they smiled at the baby. Soon after three more people walked in, two men and two women.

Mi-Kimi's father King Hiroko nodded to his brother, sister, niece and nephew. Lord Osamu, Lady Riko, Rie and Lord Mamoru.

Lady Riko gazed at the baby soothingly as she touched her head her oldest son Mamoru stayed back out of the way and Rie sneered at the baby, while Osamu glared at the innocent newborn, disliking the child already for not being a boy.

"Have you picked out a name yet?" Riko looked to Mi-Kimi who only looked at her baby.

"Yes, her name will be Sayuri," she said proudly, kissing the sleeping baby on the forehead.