Red is Everywhere

Rei was locked away in the cells and was sentenced there for life. After a days rest, Sayuri was back to full health and her cheerful self. Mi-Kimi spent a lot more time with her daughter, they picked flowers and made crowns and they painted and had camped outside in the gardens to watch the stars.

Nobuo now realized that his job in protecting the little princess was the most important thing that he could do. He hardly left her side now, the guilt bore through him, but Mi-Kimi had forgiven him and Sayuri simply told him that there was nothing to forgive.

Mi-Kimi pulled the blanket over Sayuri's small form and planted a kiss on her forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow morning, bright and early for your special birthday breakfast, alright?"

"Okay, mama..." Sayuri's voice drifted off, sleep soon taking over.

Mi-Kimi gave a small laugh pushing Sayuri's curly, silver hair aside and began to sing in a soft voice her lullaby. 

With one last kiss goodnight, Mi-Kimi left to go to bed as well.

Sayuri...

Sayuri!...

Wake up Sayuri...

Hurry and run!

Sayuri bolted up in a cold sweat after hearing her mothers voice in her dream, taking deep breaths she looked around her room confused. Once she caught her breath she heard them. The screams.

She quickly galloped to her balcony opening the doors making the screams seem louder. Her eyes became wide seeing the chaos past her balcony, fire, and death. She held her trembling hands to her chest her eyes scanning through the sight unfolding in front of her.

Footsteps stomped through the hall causing her to jump, she frantically started to push the walls looking for the hidden door. After what seems like ages a small square piece gives in, quickly she climbed through the hole putting the piece back in place before crawling for a handful of minutes. Finally, she made it to her grandfather's study, the secret door for this room already being open. She stepped down landing behind a sofa.

Once on the ground in the dim lite room she held onto her knees frightened of what she had seen, but her moment to take a breath was short lived as she heard people arguing. She glanced from the side of the couch to see her mother holding a sword looking around the room as if she were waiting for someone to jump out.

"Where are you, you snake?!" Mi-Kimi yelled. Sayuri moved a bit further from out behind the couch making the floor creak slightly. Mi-Kimi ready to attack starts in her direction, but stops seeing Sayuri. "Sa-," her cry was cut off. With Mi-Kimi distracted the person who she was looking for attacked.

Mi-Kimi looked down at the sword that pierced her chest, where her heart was. Coughing up blood when the sword was taken out, she looked to Sayuri who resembled a scared animal. She fell forward with an arm stretched out for her daughter.

"Mi-Kimi!" A man's voice yelled out.

"Mama!" Sayuri dashed out to her mother running in the red liquid that oozed out her lifeless body. Sayuri shook her mother's body trying to wake her up, not fully understanding what was happening. She looked at her hands seeing the red covering them, she was about to cry when the man's voice called to her.

"Sayuri," she turned around seeing her grandfather on the floor holding his side, red spilling out.

"Grandpa! Why- why is mama not waking up," she choked back her tears.