Escape

Any fight that Sayuri had in her was beat out of her. Her tiny body littered with bruises and small cuts. She was dragged through the woods by her hair, her mouth taped shut. Rei dragged her for a few hours before stopping to throw her in the back of a cage that sat on top of a trailer, a horse at the front.

Rei jumped onto the horse and it galloped away at her command. 

They rode for 2 days stopping to rest and get some food, but nothing was offered to Sayuri. She laid in the cage, scared, cold and hungry. She couldn't tell where they were at because of the tarp that covered her cage and she dare not attempt to look out of it in fear of what the consequences would be.

A few more hours had passed when she heard voices.

"Hey Rei!" A male voice shouted.

"Hey, just here to get to my new apartment," Rei spoke for the 1st time since she kidnapped Sayuri.

"Alright," the man paused and shook the cage, "What's in here?"

"Just an animal I'm doing some experiments on."

The man was hesitant, his gut saying there was something else in there. He pushed the feeling away and nodded for Rei to go.

The horse galloped forward and some time past before they stopped again. The tarp was ripped off the cage, the hot suns rays coming through the trees blinding Sayuri. She winced closing her eyes.

Sayuri slowly opened her eyes meeting Rei's glare.

Rei gave Sayuri a smirk, pulling the cage door open and yanking her out by the hair. She dragged her down a hole of a dead tree and after a few moments she threw her into a make shift cell, locking it.

"Welcome to hell, my sweet niece. Heh," she laughed at the pitiful girl that laid on the ground trembling.

Rei walked out of the room. 

This being the beginning of constant abuse, experiments and pain. 

Sayuri managed to stay alive for the next 2 years. Her body was severely thin from lack of nourishment, her skin was caked in dried blood and filth. Rei did not care what happened to the child and was just waiting for her to finally disappear, but wanted her to suffer. She never gave Sayuri a bath nor enough water to wash herself. Her long hair that was once a beautiful silver color was now unrecognizable. Sayuri was able to keep it up in braids, but it was coated in so much dirt, grease and blood that it was no longer her natural color.

She never left that cell. If Rei wanted to do something to her like give her an injection as a test or to scar the child more, she'd just barge into the cell with an evil grin adoring her face.

Her face was no longer smooth and bare. Rei wanted her to look as hideous as Sayuri felt, so, she cut it. Her newest cut was long and deep starting from the corner of her lips all the way up her cheek and past her right eye. Not only was she going to have a scar, but she was now blind in that eye. The other scar was smaller, she gave it to her within the first year of being there, it was etched in a small line vertically across her lips. Some other scars scattered around on her body as well.

Over time Rei had taken other people to perform experiments on. These people shared their food and water with Sayuri since she was the one to receive the worst treatment. After Rei had finished her fun of cutting the six year old's face the 3 people in the cell next to her rushed over to the bars.

"Hey! Kid, get up," an older women in her 30's yelled over. She reached out her hand to Sayuri. "Come on, don't give up yet ok? Let Nikko have a look at it."