Zhongli x Reader

Zhongli's POV:

I find it strange, very strange actually. What is love? What happiness does it bring to people far and wide? Looking around the parts of Liyue, everyone seems so happy. Filled with joy. I see couples having their moment with one another. Hearing the words, "I love you" coming right out of their mouths. 

It's strange. Very strange. 

Days ago, I went to see Madam Ping for some reassurance and advice. I don't understand want this feeling people are surrounded by. 

"Zhongli, my dear boy. How have you been?" I smiled softly. Her being here with me is just what I need in the end. Comfort from another. 

"I have been fine. The Wangsheng  Funeral Parlor has been very relaxed lately. However, I am glad to see you doing okay. Admiring the flowers again?" I sat down at a seat, looking at the flowers with her. Those flowers are gorgeous. A breathtaking sight. It reminds me of the blue sky that passes by through my lifetime. 

"Look over here, and over here. So many flowers are blooming! It looks like This will be a blessed year." She said gleefully. I felt her smile. 

"What do you think fortune will bring Liyue this time?" She looked back at me and took a seat right in front of me. 

"Hm, who knows what the future will bring me today. Or the next day. And the day after." I smiled at her. "It must be good though. I am ready to accept fate." 

She poured a cup of tea for me, handing it to me very gently. 

"Rex Lapiz's death must have affected all of Liyue." Madam Ping frowned. Her tone was not so cheerful as it was before. I held her hand as she looked up at me. 

"I promise you that everything will be fine. I hear that someone new came into town and I 'ought to pay them a visit with Childe." Madam Ping let go of my grip grabbing her tea. 

"I don't trust this Childe. I hear from people in town saying, Childe is from the Fatui." She sipped her tea. I chuckled softly as I drank the tea that was given to me. 

"I will be careful with the decision I will choose. But I have a question."

"What is it, Zhongli?" 

"I have been wondering about love. What is love? I see it when couples or family members come around. It looks nice and reassuring." Madam Ping widen her eyes and stood up from her seat, patting my shoulder lightly. 

"You'll find out one day my boy." She smiled as I look down at the cup of tea. 

The present-day. (_)'s POV

Upon my return from visiting the Adepti, I discovered that the Qixing has hidden the Geo Archon's vessel away. Childe promised he'd find someone to break the stalemate, so I had to pay another visit to Northland Bank. 

"Childe?"

Childe looked back at me with his normal grin. I can never tell what is going on in his brain.

"Yes, girlie~?" A hint of warmth was on one side of my ears as I looked away. 

"Stop calling me that and, tell me. Are you tricking me?" I stared into his eyes.

He looked a bit panicked and chuckled patting my shoulder. 

"Why would I trick a little cutie like you? You sure are hilarious."

I could never tell what his true intentions are. I sighed and kept following him. Giving up trying to ask him any more questions.

"Hey" He waved at someone in the room.