The Mall

Hello! I'm sorry for the long waits per chapter...

Anyways. The scorch sucks...wouldn't recommend. With how windy it is, the sand kept getting in the way of the air which made it super difficult to breathe well.

It doesn't help that we were getting chased by WCKD so we HAD to run...we didn't have a choice.

I had to use my shirt to cover my nose and mouth and kept getting flashbacks of this reality with the masks and everything LMAO.

When Teresa found the opening and jumped in...I may or may not have called her a "fucking idiot." That gained a glare from Thomas. :D She DESERVED IT tho so I couldn't care less. If you cannot tell, I have a special hatred for her because she is a traitor and Newt wouldn't have likely gotten the flare if it wasn't for her and her traitor ways.

The mall was huge...as expected. I was jumpy the whole time and felt like I was being watched the whole time as well. If someone dropped something or moved around me I would jump slightly. Newt was the only one to take notice of this and kept an eye on me.

When I saw the mannequins I almost had a heart attack because those things were fucking scary as hell. Like- they were scarier than the cranks themselves. 😐 (obviously not...but I hope you got my point.) Teresa seemed kinda scared but also not...in a way? She didn't seem bothered after a few seconds of finding them.

I got changed into some clothes with Teresa (talk about awkward), and then we had to look for some supplies with everyone else.

Aris and I were whispering to each other when we heard Minho and Thomas yelling at us to run. I saw the cranks behind them before anyone else did, so I grabbed Aris's hand and bolted. He had to really try and keep up with me.

Newt and the others followed my lead after they saw the cranks behind Minho and Thomas. I kinda felt bad for leaving them so far behind, but they are hella fast so they caught up quick enough.

I let go of Aris's hand and slowed down a bit so I was next to Newt. He glanced over at me before saying, "Why'd you come back here?"

I had to take a deep breathe cuz your girl was DYING before saying, "I noticed you had a limp, so I came here in case you need help."

He nodded his head and we were soon running up the escalators. I could tell he was a little confused on why I would notice such a small detail...but he didn't ask. Running up those escalators is not fun, and I almost tripped and fell at some point if it wasn't for Newt catching me.

That. Was. Embarrassing.

He laughed slightly before saying, "I'm not the one you should be worried about, love."

Of course, at one point Thomas had to go back and help Teresa. When we were at the doors, Winston went back towards the cranks to hold them off. I wanted so badly to help him and make sure that he didn't get hurt but the others needed my help opening the doors.

The doors were so hard to open, and FOR WHAT? Like- no need. We got through, though, which was perfect timing because Winston was struggling. I looked back and saw him being pried by the others away from the cranks. His shrieks made goosebumps cover my skin.

Anyways, Winston got injured as we all know. I felt so bad when I turned around and had to see Winston being dragged along by Newt and Frypan. They weren't carrying him, but they both had to hold on the his arms so we could keep going.

I stayed by Aris because we still had to run.

When we made it under the little ledge-thing, I had to have my hands on my head because I could not breathe AT ALL. We were all silent and trying our best to not pass out.

You could hear the cranks going passed us which was terrifying within itself. Eventually, though, I let my eyes close and I was off to sleep. Newt was right next to me. :)

A/N: I absolutely hated that. The cranks are entirely too scary and they make me wanna throw myself into a bus. 😃 Don't ask why...I don't even know why.

When I woke up, my head was laying on Newt's shoulder and he had his head on mine. I have no clue how or when that happened...but it happened anyway. I smiled to myself before Thomas woke everyone up by yelling at some birds to get away from our food.