A Key

So....after 6 months of nothing, I finally got my inspiration back!! (About time!) Since I finished the first one-shot, I wanted to post it ASAP for you wonderful Fairies. I hope you enjoy Gray and Juvia's story!

Happy reading! ^_^/

“Good morning, Juvia,” Lisanna waved, greeting Juvia as she made her way over to their group’s table.

“Good morning.” She sat down with a dejected sigh, staring down at the table.

“What’s wrong, Juvia?” Levy asked.

“Juvia thinks Gray-sama is avoiding her,” she moaned, her head falling onto the table as tears streamed from her eyes. “Gray-sama hasn’t talked to Juvia in three days, and every time she approaches him, he runs away!”

Lucy patted her back gently. “He isn’t avoiding you. Maybe he’s just been really busy?”

“Ever since Gray-sama asked Juvia to marry him he has been acting strange. He’s avoiding Juvia,” she mumbled, wishing she could sink into the floor. She was sure it was raining outside—she could hear the downpour clattering on the roof—but she couldn’t stop it.

“When he gets to the guildhall this morning, ask him what has been bothering him,” Levy suggested. “I’m sure it’s all a misunderstanding.”

“Y-Yeah,” she nodded, though, she didn’t feel any better. Gray really had been avoiding her—she was positive about that. What she didn’t know, was why. Did I do something to upset him? Maybe he wishes he had never asked me to marry him, and he’s been trying to think of a way to take back his proposal?!

“Hey, there he is,” Lisanna whispered. She pointed to the doorway where Juvia could see Gray had just come inside. He had already taken his shirt off, and was ringing it out. It must be raining harder than I thought. “Go talk to him.”

Nodding, Juvia stood up. She slowly made her way over to him, following him to the bar and watching as he took a seat. After he ordered his breakfast from Mirajane, she climbed onto the barstool next to his. “G-Good morning, Gray-sama.”

“Morning,” he mumbled, not even looking at her.

“Gray-sama, is there something bothering you?” She asked, wishing he would just look at her. “Did—Did Juvia do something wrong?”

Finally, he looked at her, his black eyes meeting her blue ones for the first time since he had asked her to marry him. “Why would you think that?” He asked.

“W-Well, Gray-sama has been avoiding Juvia, and—”

“I haven’t been avoiding you,” he sighed. “I’ve been busy, that’s all.”

“Of course,” Juvia smiled, relief flooding her. “Sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it,” he told her. When Mira brought his food, he ate quickly before excusing himself. He told Juvia he would see her around, and then left. I thought you said you weren’t avoiding me…

“I see what you mean about the whole running away from you thing,” Lisanna said when Juvia returned to their table.

“That idiot,” Lucy frowned. “Do you want us to say something to him? He can’t just treat you like that!”

“No,” Juvia said, shaking her head. “Juvia appreciates it, but she is going to trust in Gray-sama for now. If he says there’s nothing wrong, then Juvia will believe him.” But I can’t keep believing you forever, Gray-sama.