IT DOESN'T MATTER

"That's a bit hard to explain and I don't think I am able to share everything," Nico looked away, finding a sudden interest in the flower vase on the table.

"Complicated?" Red Hood leaned back into his chair, folding his hands into his lap.

"You could say that," Nico leaned back in his chair again.

There was another awkward pause, that is until a phone rang, startling Nico a bit. Red Hood didn't look at the contact before he answered the phone.

"Hello?" There was someone talking on the other end of the phone, but it wasn't loud enough for him to hear. "Alright, well I got business going on here as well. Be there in a few days." Red Hood nodded as the other person spoke. "Ok, bye."

Nico sat there confused, curious as to what just happened. Red Hood did something else on his phone before clicking it off and putting it back in his pocket. To be honest, Nico had never really used a phone before. Especially the advanced ones that seem to be from the future, which to him was the future.

"Ok, kid, where were we?" Hood had put a lopsided grin on his face, one all too similar to Percy's.

"We were talking about how being a demigod is complicated," Hood nodded.

"What about family? Got loved ones?" Sure it was an innocent question, but it kind of stabbed Nico in the stomach.

"Uh, yea. I do." Nico rubbed the back of his neck again, a bad habit that he picked up from Percy. "What about you? The people here are your family or you got family elsewhere?"

"You could say that." Hood's smile dropped when his phone buzzed. He then looked to his watch and saw how his youthful look changed. "Alright, well I've got to go, kid. It was nice chatting."

Red Hood stood up and stretched, but that's when Nico's eyes widened.

Just as Red Hood started walking toward the window Nico called out to him. "Wait! You're leaving?"

"Uh, yea? You want to come with or something?" Hood's eyes widened for a split second, realizing what Nico was suggesting.

"That is if you don't mind." Nico's eyes was full of desperation and hope. He hates being cooped up, and after the jar incident he didn't plan on wandering the manor much longer. He was either going to go for a stroll by himself or one of the so-called heroes was going to go with him.

"Sure, why not." Hood made a gesture and Nico didn't even hesitate to catch up with him. "Alright, Kid, our first stop is my place. Try to keep up, alright?"

Nico only nodded, his adrenaline pumping.

He's never rode a motorcycle before, and let me tell you, it feels exhilarating. The wind whipping through his hair and being so close to the ground felt real. Shadow travelling was similar in a few ways. The cold piercing his skin, the feeling of flying, and reaching a destination he hasn't seen yet. The differences are apparent. Riding a motorcycle, you don't have to worry about getting lost in the shadows, there are no screams calling out your name as you travel through the darkness, and the air isn't being sucked out of your lungs. He enjoys riding a motorcycle more than shadow travelling that's for sure, and the added fact that he doesn't pass out from exhaustion is a major benefit.

It seems as though Red Hood isn't all that worried about speed limits because he's weaving in and out of traffic. Wherever they're going he guesses that they must hurry, but for now, he's going to take in the scenery. Even though he lived in Rhode Island, he never saw much of the city. Most of his time was either spent at Camp Half-Blood, Camp Jupiter, or the underworld. None of which were very city like. Gotham has neon signs, billboards, and buildings tall enough to challenge the empire state building. However, a foggy gloom seem to have taken a permanent residence over the city, making it darker than what it actually is. Although, he assumes that the city is as dark as it looks. Even the people look to be as mean and as ruthless as some of the monsters he's faced.

Soon, they reach their destination. The place is rundown and should probably be condemned, but it doesn't seem to bother Red Hood. Once inside, he wonders if it should not only be condemned, but also be bulldozed. There's a funky smell coming from the vents, rats and roaches running along the floor, mold forming in the corners of the ceiling and the walls, and light fixtures flickering. This is the ground floor, and he hopes that the rest of the floors aren't the same.

"Don't worry, kid, the floor that we're going to is not as bad," It's as if Red Hood had read his mind.

They walk over to the stairwell and the image of falling to his death crosses his mind. The walk up the stairs was a long and awkward silence. When they reached the designated floor, it made Nico realize how out of shape he really is, though, he didn't show it. He's not going to let Red Hood think that he's weak, especially when he's been given the opportunity to prove himself.

Red Hood unlocks the door, he doesn't know how considering that he doesn't recognize anything that's being used to keep the door locked. Upon entering the apartment, it seems well kept compared to the rest of the building. He doesn't see any mold anywhere and there's no funky smell, however he does spot a few cobwebs and a couple roaches.

"It's an old safe house. There are a few things here that we'll need for this next stakeout that we'll be doing. Well, that is if you want to join me," Red Hood walks over to the fridge, grabbing a drink.

"Anything to get out of the mansion," Nico says as he takes a seat on the chair by the island counter.

Red Hood only nods and takes a sip of his drink. "Alright, I'm going to grab the information we need and go over them with you. After that we'll head out."

Red Hood leaves and goes into the other room. Nico's excited, he's never done something like this before. He's also happy that he left the stuffy mansion. He hasn't felt this free since... ever. He's either carrying out orders from his father or in the middle of a war or battle. But since he's been here, he hasn't seen a single monster, he hasn't been attacked since he got here. This world is definitely different, and maybe that's a good thing.