Island

Ayanokouji's POV

It was already summer, and the school invited us on a field trip, on this luxurious liner. Most students celebrated, but it seemed too wasteful. Even if it's funded by the government, the school shouldn't have brought us here. Just as I was thinking, he came into my room. It would be quite weird for a boy to be in the girls' room, but only he is allowed. Plus, both my roommates are out exploring the ship. So, as long as he leaves before they come back, there shouldn't be any trouble.

"So? How did you take care of it?"

He asked carelessly, lying on my bed, texting someone. I asked who he was texting, but he only responded, "Don't worry about it, just checking up on our special guest later."

And so, I told him what I did, about how I directed Horikita's direction of thinking, and about getting class C to take back the case.

"I see, as expected of Kiyo-tan, good girl, good girl." He said while stroking my hair like usual. But his hand nor eyes left his phone.

Ding

His phone ringed, and he looked at the message sent to him. "Ah, she is coming, so prepare a bit."

For the first time since he came in, he looked me in the eye. In his eyes, I only say chaos, but he only let me see when he is planning on something.

Knock Knock Knock

Just as I was looking deeper and deeper into his eyes, the sudden knocking pulled me back.

He jumped out of bed and ran towards the door. He opened the door, revealing a girl in our usual uniform. 

"Yo, Kushida-chan, we haven't talked in a lot of time. Feel free to come in, let's catch up."

The one in front of the door is Kushida, she is still smiling brightly like usual. I would think even he would have a hard time reading her thoughts.

"Mo~ Even though this is my room, Nice is saying like I am the guest. Oh, hello Ayanokouji, you are here too."

"Hello..."

They sat across each other, and Nice sat next to me. Resting his head on my shoulder, we began the reason he called her here.

"Now, then... Did you do what I asked?"

She was taken back, surprised at what he had said.

"Wha...What are you talking about? I don't recall you even asking me to do something that would last this long. But if you want me to do something, I will try my best."

She said with a sincere tone. But Nice only smiled and continue.

"You didn't, you observed for a day or two for rumors about you. But you didn't hear any, meaning I didn't spill the beans. So, you determined that I wouldn't easily tell anyone about you. If that's the case, then it would be stupid to weaken your defense. Plus there wouldn't be anyone you trust for you to tell that you are dating me. Am I wrong?"

Even if she hid it well, even I can see a hint of fear in her eyes. But the rest of her expression and body language still remains perfect.

"As I said, I don't know what you are talking about."

She said in a confused voice, with a tint of anger.

"Don't worry, this conversation isn't recorded." 

He pulled a USB out of his pocket.

"This is the original recording, do you want it?"

Even though the USB could be fake, even though he lied and this could be recorded, her mask crumbles quickly, and those cold eyes and expressions are exposed before us.