Chapter 37

"K-Kabuto-san? This has to be a mistake!"

"Hinata…" Chiyo didn't look well.

"Chiyo-baasama, I have to take you to the hospital!"

"No, Hinata, just do something for me…" said Chiyo and Hinata nodded. Together they set out to find Naruto. Naruto was transforming into a three-tailed demon. He had just made sure Gaara was dead…

"Naruto!" Kakashi tried to stop him. Deidara lost his second hand due to Kakashi's Mangekyo Sharingan. Deidara hid for the time being. Finally, Kakashi stopped Naruto with the seal given to him by Jiraiya. As soon as Naruto calmed down, Deidara stopped hiding, but then he was surrounded by Team Guy, who had already gotten rid of the trap.

"You're done here!" said Guy, but Deidara smirked and then he inflated.

"It will explode!" said Neji who saw it.

"Suicide?!" said Guy. When the blast seemed to hit them, Kakashi sent it away with his Mangekyo Sharingan.

"Heh, my art killed them … hmm!" said proudly Deidara, but then he saw Hinata and Chiyo.

"When they are not dead, that means that Sasori no Danna … Such a loser, to be killed by a girl and an old granny," thought Deidara and left. He let them go because he was severely weakened by Naruto and Kakashi. It cost him both his hands, though Gaara took the one. When Naruto recovered, he was sad. He didn't want to admit that his friend had died.

"Naruto…"

"Let me be," said Naruto and went for a walk. But before he left, he met Hinata and Chiyo.

"Hinata! You are all right!"

"There is no time for that now…" said Hinata and looked at Chiyo. Naruto saw how weak she was.“

"I'll help you, where are you going?"

"To Kazekage-sama…"

"But Gaara is-!"

"Please don’t, Chiyo-baasama has already decided…" Naruto was confused, but took Chiyo to Gaara. When she reached him, Gaara lay motionless on the ground. She approached him and began the procedure.

"What is she doing to him?!" yelled Naruto. Hinata touched his shoulder to calm him down.

"She ... she decided to sacrifice her life for Gaara. She wants to revive Gaara and exchange her life for his…“ said Hinata with tears in her eyes"

"Chiyo no Baachan…" Naruto approached Chiyo and lent her his chakra.

"You will be a great Hokage. I wish there were more people like you… And Hinata, good luck with your love…" she said and looked at her and Naruto. Hinata blushed.

"H-how did you…?" Chiyo said nothing more. She was already with her family. Hinata cried loudly. Kakashi touched her arm.

"Chiyo-baasama was a great woman. She deserves a proper funeral…" said Kakashi.

"She sacrificed her life for one of us (Meaning as Jinchuuriki). I'm grateful to her," said Naruto.

"Who am I … Where am I … What am I doing here?" It was all happening in Gaara‘s head. Suddenly, Naruto approached him and grabbed his shoulder. Temari, who had just arrived with her platoon, kicked Naruto and hugged Gaara.

"T-thank you for saving my little brother," said Kankuro who was already all right.

"You should thank her..." Naruto said, pointing to Chiyo. Kankuro looked at her proudly. They went back. Temari's platoon carried Chiyo. When everyone wanted to welcome Gaara. Gaara preferred Chiyo. A few people gathered for her funeral
... The others wanted to go home, because of Kakashi, who used his eye a lot. But Hinata wanted to stay there for a while. Naruto too. They both prayed, and Hinata put a flower in a vase.

"Hinata…" Naruto addressed her and she nodded. They were back in three days. Temari asked them to stay, but they couldn‘t. Also because of Akatsuki.

"FIRST!!!!" yelled Guy carrying Kakashi on his back.

"SECOND!!!!" yelled Lee.

"Wrong Lee, the second is Kakashi because I carried him, so you're third!"

"I still have a lot to learn!" said Lee. The others arrived later, and Guy scolded them for it. Then they went to report the whole situation to Tsunade. She was proud of Hinata and wanted to take her under her care. Hinata refused again, now she has something important to do ... But first she has to tell Naruto about it. 

Author's note: I chose this song especially for Chiyo-baasama... 😭

© Collin Raye