Hurt can fuel Anger

Zayn slowly shifted, yawning a little before nestling further into the warm, soft surface his head was resting on.
He sighed, hopefully the flight was mostly over, because he could feel himself waking up already.
Not wanting to leave his dream world yet, he kept his eyes closed and tried to stay atleast half asleep for a little while longer.

But his wish was rudely interrupted by his headrest moving. His sleep dazed mind didn't even realize what his headrest moving implied, which is that it might not be a headrest after all.
Instead he just grunted, moving again to push a little hader back, willing his headrest to stay still.

The sudden deep chuckle he heard, made him jolt awake though.
Zayn abruptly sat up, blinking several times to will the sleep in his eyes away.
He stared back at two green eyes that were crinkled at the sides, probably because the handsome stranger was smiling underneath his mask.
The man was also also wearing a beanie like Zayn, so he couldn't make out a lot about the man's features, but something about him struck Zayn as familiar, though he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

Zayn opened his mouth, apologies and excuses ready at the back of his tongue, but nothing left his mouth except a strangled gasp, that showed how troubled he was by the whole situation, his cheeks starting to turn red and Zayn only hoped his mask covered his embarrassment.

Another chuckle left the handsome man's mouth before he started talking.

"Hey, no worries. I didn't want to wake you up, because you looked so cute asleep and mumbling some nonsense, but I really have to use the bathroom, which is where I'm off to now. "

With that he unbuckled his seat and got up, turning around with a tiny wave before disappearing between the rows of seats.

Zayn on the other hand was frozen to his seat. He'd recognize that voice anywhere. And the eyes of the not-stranger. He silently cursed himself for not recognizing who was sitting besides him right away.

It was none other than Harry Styles.

"Shit. Shit.........fuck"

Zayn kept mumbling to himself, panic setting in his bones. What was he gonna do? He cant just get off the plane, but he also cant let Harry know who he is.

Or could he?

Its been years maybe, just maybe Harry willl forgive him, maybe he will even be happy to see him again. Maybe this is the sign he has been waiting for so long.

The small light of hope that burned inside of his heart was quickly extinguished though. That was not how reality went for Zayn, it never went as smoothly as it did in all those romance movies he secretly liked to watch when hes not in the mood for action and superheroes and would rather drown in his own pity. He took a deep breath, taking his beanie off and running his fingers through his hair, a gesture he started doing to calm his nerves, even though it did not seem to help right now at all.

He really had to get his shit back together, Harry was obviously not going to be gones forever. He took another deep breath and slowly pulled his beanie over his hair again, making sure to tuck all strands in, leaving no chance to recognize him. Atleast thats what he hoped for.

Harry hadnt recognized him yet, which is good, but also let Zayns heart rest heavy in his chest, sadness laying around him like a heavy blanket. Deciding to ignore those intrusive thoughts, he made up his mind to just quickly apologize, preferably masking his voice too and then just be quiet for the rest of the flight, it couldnt be that long anymore anyways so he should be good. Shifting in his seat so he could give Harry some personal space and also bring as much distance between them as possible, so it would be even harder for Harry to recognize him, and also Zayns heavily beating heart, he already heard heavy footsteps coming back to their assigned seat.

It was only a few seconds before Harry slumped heavily into the seat next to Zayn, sprawling his long legs out before him and then tuning around to give Zayn a smile that would surely be blinding if he wasnt wearing a mask. Zayn swallowed, he should apologize, follow his plan, but the lump in his throat made him want to run away and hide for the rest of the flight like a little child. Luckily, or not so luckily, Harry beat him and started to talk first.

"Sorry our meeting had to end so aprubt. I'm Harry by the way."

His eyes crinkled as he extended his hand to Zayn, another charming smile surely grazing his lips. Zayn looked at his hand for a second before looking back up at Harry, he really had to start acting normal here or Harry would think he was a psychopath. Just as he was about to reach for Harrys hand though he quickly withdrew it.

"Oh right, sorry we're in the middle of a pandemic, maybe not the best idea."

Harry chuckled and Zayn felt himself wishing he was still lying on Harrys shoulder so he could feel his chest move and the vibrations running through his body just like earlier. Inwardly cursing himself for that thought he finally opened his mouth, before the situation got even more awkward.

"No its fine, Im sorry for the uh the whole situation, earlier i mean. I didnt intend to make you uncomfortable. So sorry

With that Zayn shifted a little more away from Harry, hoping to convey the message that this conversation is over and praying that it worked and Harry didnt recognize him. Thankfully Harry didnt seem to have a clue of who was sitting besides him, but it also meant that he was very willing to continue this conversation. Zayn was already dreading the words that would no doubt leave Harrys mouth. He slowly sunk down in his seat, again hoping to shake Harry off and convey the message that he is not in the mood to have a conversation, but Harry does not seem to mind at all.

Soooo we are going to be on this flight for a little while longer, whats your name? I mean you already know mine, might as well use this sitaution to make a new friend. Just imagine how funny it will be to explain how we met and became friends!

Zayn only gave a small nod of aknowledgement. This flight just turned into one of his nightmares, only that he wpuldnt be able to wake up from this one.

-

-

-

So new chapter, im not doing too long ones because im really stressed at the moment with school and mentally just not doing too well, which is why im deflecting my feelings onto these two boys :)

But noones reading this anyways so it doesnt matter, i guess

I hope you guys are doing better than me......

Also sorry for all the mistakes, but right now im really not in the mood to fix this and proof read