Chapter 5

Bre Pov :

* PhoneRinging *

" Hello ? "

" Hello , I'm Miss Makaveli . I'm Calling In The Concerns Of Brenda Parish . Am I Speaking To Her Parent Or Guardian ? "

" Well , I'm Her Momma Bell . What Do You Want Lady I Don't Have All Day I Got To Go To Work "

" Excuse Me Ma'am , I Would Think Your Daughter Is More Important Considering She Hasn't Been To School In Nearly A Month "

" She Go To That Tacky School Everyday . "

" She Has Not Been Here Ma'am , If She Doesn't Show Up Monday We Will Have To Send The Police To Your House To Escort Her Here or Call Child Services "

* Hangs Up *

I Sat In The Hall nd Listened To My Mom Talk On The Phone . When She Hung Up I Jumped To My Feet nd Ran To My Room Plopping On The Bed . I Haven't Been To School Since The Day I Decided To Skip . I'm Just Not Into School . My Mom Interrupted My Thoughts When She Walked In ,

" I'm Leaving Bre . nd We Gotta Talk When I Get In Cause I Can't Be Having The Police All In My House . Especially When Maurice Got Drugs Stashed Here . You Wanna Be Taken Away ? Huh ? Needa Take Ya Fast Behind To School . "

I Just Rolled My Eyes , She Don't Care No More Than Anybody Else .

" Roll Ya Mother Fucking Eyes Again Imma Tear Them Bitches Out , I Tried To Be Nice bt You Always Gotta Push My Buttons You nd Ya Brother Do That Dumb Shit . Hope Them Bitches Fall Out . nd Ya Needa Get Ya Nasty Ass Up nd Clean Up This Dirty Ass Room . "

" How Is My Room Dirty When Its Empty , Get Out Of Here With All That . " I Pushed Her To The Door nd She Turned Around nd Slapped Me .

I Punched Her In Her Face . She Walked Out nd Slammed The Door

" THAT'S WHY YO DADDY DON'T WONT YOU ! " She Yelled From The Other Side Of The Door .

I Snatched The Door Opened So Fast , " HE DON'T WANT YOU EITHER , BOTH YA'LL SOME JUNKIES ! "

I Slammed The Door Shut , She Just Pissed Me The Fuck Off . I Laid On The Couch Watching Jerry Springer , It Was A Girl On There That Was nd 15 Pregnant She Already Had A Baby nd Was Pregnant Again .

I Always Wanted A Daughter , I Would Name Her Keisha . I Would Give Her Anything She Wanted . When Her Part Went Off The Show Got Bunk So I Started Drifting Off To Sleep .

When I Woke Up It Was Around 4 , I Heard A Few Moans nd Weeps Coming From The Back bt I Was Too Tired To Get Up . 

I Woke Up Again At 6 To Knocks On The Door . I Sat Up Slowly Yawning nd Stretched My Arms . When I Stood Up I Pulled Down The Tight Short I Had On nd Adjusted The Tank-top .

I Walked To The Door Looking Through The Peep-Hole , It Was Niki . Niki My Homegirl bt She Can Act Real Ghetto Sometimes . She Only Come Over Here When She Wanna Go Somewhere Cause She Cant Stand My Momma .

        " What's Happ'nen Miss Thang ? " I Asked Opening The Door

        " Hey Hunny , What You Up To ? "

        " Not Ya Hunn , bt Sitting In This Whack House "

        " Gurl , I'm Grown . "

        " You Wish , You Only 17 . "

        " Anyways , Wanna Go Bowling ? Heard It's Gone Be Tight Tonight "

        " Yea bt I Gotta Get Fly First "