Chapter 2

Ethan Ramsey, a Nationally acclaimed doctor, written books, inspired people, berated more than he could count. Basically, Ethan was one of the best doctors of his time: it took lots to get under his skin, and yet one blonde doctor could walk by and the stern man was replaced with a mess. He didn't like to admit, in fact, he tried to fight it, but each day ended with the same thought swirling in his head.

When Dr. Varma had informed him that Tiffany indeed had no sleep, his once calm face had twisted into patterns of panic. He knew Tiffany all too well to know she was a danger to herself so in a moment of panic, he briskly left his office to find her. See he wasn't running, but he wasn't calmly walking either, and the one time he didn't bump into her every 3 seconds was the time he truly needed her. If it wasn't for someone's pager beeping obnoxiously loud, Ethan probably wouldn't have thought to page her to his office. Within the minute Tiffany was knocking on his office door and walking in. Ethan was relieved in a way to see her, to him she seemed chipper, but he knew that she would be tired.

"So Dr. Ramsey, why'd you page me here?" Her voice flowed to him and broke him out of his semi-trance thinking about her.

"Well Dr. Lorelli, I can't help but notice you're still in the same scrubs as yesterday, how long have you exactly been working for?" Ethan asked, genuinely concerned about her.

"Well," Tiffany pulled out her phone and glanced at the time, looking genuinely stunned. "About 23 hours, but I feel great." Ethan stared at her, even he couldn't do a 23-hour shift without at least sitting down for a bit.

"Tiffany," He said in an almost disappointed tone. "Have you at least had some sleep in an on-call room?"

"Well not exactly, actually I can't remember the last time I sat down."

Ethan looked at her in a concerned way, like a mother would at their hurt child or a husband to his crying wife. "Tiffany please go home and rest, you need sleep, you've been working for hours, you can go home."

She smiled at his concerned actions, shaking her head, "No no, I'm ok Ethan, trust me I'll be fine." She simply hugged him, kissing his forehead delicately then slipping out of his office despite his protesting. Ethan would have gone after her but Naveen had paged him for something Naveen deemed 'important" and so off Ramsey went, leaving his worries for her in office for the meantime.