Abi

Usually when I sleep with a guy, I tend to regret it in the end but with Blake...I don't regret a single thing.

Is this how it feels like to be in love? Is it that quick? Is it true when it makes you wake up with a smile from the dream you had with them, and fall asleep with a smile just thinking of them? I still wasn't sure and I've asked my sister.

My sister just shrugged at me as she looked up from a large medical book. Her brows still furrowed and her brain still on whatever she was looking at. I raised my brows at her and said, "Hello? Are you even here? Did you even listen to me?"

"No. I'm busy." She looks back at her book and sighs tiredly.

I suddenly felt bad for my sister. So I took her mug and refilled it with tea. I ran a gentle hand on her shoulders as I sat next to her. "Is everything alright?"

"No," she said with frustration. "I can't find anything! I can't....I can't save him...."

I furrowed my brows at this and said, "Save who?"

My sister clicked her tongue in anger and said, "He has a tumor. The doctors claim they can't take it out because it has overwhelmed all of his hypothalamus. Plus. He's diabetic. He just went for a sprained ankle. Then I went ahead and looked at other symptoms that I wasn't supposed to go into and I found his cancer. But guess what?! I made him find out that he only has a year left!"

I didn't really understand half of the things she said, but I still rubbed her back as she looked at her book with frustration. I carefully said, "Why don't you take a rest? Maybe you will function better once you've slept. That always helps me."

I gave her a gentle smile and she shook her head. "No. I did this to him. I have to fix it."

"You could have never given him...what was it? Tumor? That wasn't your fault!"

"It doesn't matter," she said. "I have to find a way to at least give him more years so he can see his granddaughter grow up...." Her eyes started to water and I pulled her in for a hug. My sister did small sniffles on my shoulder and I gently patted her back.

"There. There," I said to her. "I insist that you should rest but if you want to stay up, then I'll stay up with you."

Amy pulled away from my hug and smiled. "You wouldn't be able to resist a second up late."

"I'm the master of all-nighters, sis," I said playfully. "Nobody can beat me."

"I can. I have," she said with a smirk.

I knew this was true from all those hours of study she put in for school and all those hours at her night shifts. But I still crossed my arms on my chest and said, "Fine. Let's do one tonight. But no more med books and no more stress crying."

"Deal," she said as she took off her glasses.

We actually did stay up until three in the morning. I told her all about Blake, and she listened tiredly. Like I said. I am the master of all-nighters, but I didn't shove it in her face this time as I walked out of the restroom and I found her sound asleep on the couch. I put a soft blanket on her and kissed her temple before going off to bed. At least she listened to my Blake stories and she got her head out of that large book. That was enough for me.

Yet, a week has passed since that all-nighter. I barely see my sister now. I think she's on the verge of solving her tumor problem, but I also have my own problems at work. Well. More like bills. It's enough my sister has to deal with her stress at the hospital. So I take out the mail from my purse when I get to the lobby this morning, and look through it.

So many bills. And so many college debts from the both of us. I let out an exhausted sigh at just the cover of each envelope and decide to shove it all back in my purse. I guess I will have to look into extra hours of work. Or maybe another job if I want to pay as quick as possible.