Wedding Chapter (4.5)

Your wedding dress:

(It's not exactly what I was going for, but it's the closest I could get

(It's not exactly what I was going for, but it's the closest I could get. Same with the next one)

BACK TO EL CUENTO

You sit in Daisy's room back at S.H.I.E.L.D.--your old room. Nat finishes your hair in an elegant half-up half-down updo and attaches the flower hair comb to the back of it. You stand, turning to the mirror as you fasten your flower stud earrings in. May walks in, stopping and smiling at you as she stares.

You look stunning, and feel like it too, even if you normally don't. Nat did your hair, Daisy turned out to be a makeup goddess (not that surprising, in hindsight: someone had to do her eyeshadow, after all) and May and Jemma had helped too. Your nails are done a light blue to match your bouquet and shoes. Your makeup is light and on point, and your jewelry sparse but in perfect coordination with your outfit.

You smile at the women surrounding you, a family you adopted. Bobbi and Yo-yo are there as well. Even though your biological family can't make it, they've made time for you, despite busy days and exhausting missions.

May hugs you, something not often done by her. You hug back in surprise, but pull away after a second. "You ready?" Nat asks.

You nod, grinning widely. Your entourage leads you out to the hallway where Clint waits. His eyes widen as he looks at you, and you look down, smiling shyly. Do I look bad? What's happening? you wonder.

Broad arms lift your chin to meet blue-grey eyes. Your fiance is grinning widely, obviously overjoyed. "Do... you like it?" You venture. Instead of responding, he leans his head down, capturing your lips in a gentle kiss.

You pull back, smiling almost wide enough to match him. "I'll take that as a yes," you tease, winking. The two of you turn back to the others and the entire group begins walking.

With Clint were Coulson, Fitz, Mack, Deke, Lincoln, and Sousa. Maria and Fury couldn't make it, which is semi-relieving because you didn't know if all twelve of the people coming with you two would be allowed in. You sure hoped so--this was your family.