Head Cannons

a/n- this isn't a fic it's just a bullet point list of head-cannons that I wrote during class. idk, it's a new format but if y'all like it i can do more of these!

-when you first start dating he takes things super slowly, not only because he's nervous and doesn't wanna get hurt, but because he's a legit romantic and wants to be a gentleman and "treat you right".

-when things finally become physical, he opens up to you about his past with drugs because he doesn't want his scars to scare you. he has trouble taking his shirt off in front of you for a little bit because he's ashamed of the scars.

-you always make sure to reassure him that you're not going to abandon him because it's clear he has abandonment issues and you know how hard it is for him to start a new relationship because everyone has left him. you want him to know that you'd never do that.

-you make sure to compliment him on things other than his intelligence, because his friends at work often make him feel as if he's a walking brain and isn't good for much else, and you've noticed how this affects his self-worth so you make sure to praise him for all the amazing things about him, not just his mind.

-you loooove his hair, in literally any style. you love to play with it and he loves when you pull it in bed. his curls amaze you and you often get distracted by them and just stare at his hair.

-you're obsessed with his little nose scrunch tic thing. you think it's so endearing and adorable that you get all warm and fuzzy every time he does it. especially because when you compliment him and he gets flustered his little scrunch goes crazy. ugh, the cutest.

-spencer is bisexual, but he doesn't really think about his sexuality or care to define it. he's a man of science, and therefore is aware of sexuality as a spectrum and not a binary thing, so he's always just taken his attraction to both genders at face value and didn't think anything of it. it's just how he is, so he doesn't feel a need to come out to the team. he came out to you because you asked, and he just told you, that simple. 

-spencer knows everything about everything, but his pop culture trivia is a little lacking, so you try your best to involve him in things relevant to this century. you bring him to stupid movies and listen to pop music and sometimes he actually enjoys those things, other times he just loves how they make you happy.

-his music preference is classical, of course. old symphonies and shit like that, but he also fucks with 50s and 60s music, stuff his mother would've liked. he got a little into classic rock in college, so he likes that too. from the music you've shown him, he really likes hozier and sometimes harry styles.

-when you're sad he talks to you to bring you out of your own head. despite him not always believing this is true, you love when he rambles and tells you information. you find his voice really soothing and he knows so much cool information. you love to learn and he's your favorite teacher. if he ever finds you having a bad day, he immediately snuggles you close and runs his fingers through your hair while talking to you. your favorite topics those times are astrology and the stars, greek myths, and 20th century western literature and poetry. if you're really depressed he'll recite poetry to you for hours until you feel better.

-spence is the biggest cuddle bug, like seriously he can't get enough. in his day to day life he has a slight aversion to physical touch because he feels like it's too intimate for people he doesn't know closely, and he's also a germaphobe. but once he got comfy with you being physically affectionate with him, he looooves it. he seeks solace in your cuddles all the time, and gives his to you in return. you cuddle to read, watch tv, and cuddle together while you sleep.

-spence sleeps in a hoodie/white t-shirt and flannel pj bottoms/boxers. (idk why this matters to me but I love the thought of him in his little pajamas. so baby omg)

-he's in touch with his masculinity and he recognizes that his softer male energy is just as valid as someone like hotch or morgan. you didn't expect him to agree to it when you asked, but he sometimes lets you paint his nails or braid his hair when it's longer. he won't outright say it, only cuz he's stubborn, but he loves the braids.

-spencer didn't have any romantic or sexual experiences until he was 24 years old, both because of his lack of social skills and his odd schooling experiences. his first kiss was with lila archer on a case at 24, and he lost his virginity to a friend of a friend, a few years later. his sexual/romantic experiences were often strange and infrequent until he fell for you.

-he and jj never did anything physical, their one date was awkward enough and there was just no spark. they've always just been best friends. however, he and elle did fool around a little bit. they never went all the way because she left before they got that far.

-spence doesn't like to wear his glasses to work because he finds them cumbersome in the field, but he wears them on the weekends. before he met you he'd switched to contacts completely, but once you mentioned how sexy you found them he began wearing them again immediately.

-you love his fashion sense. something about the sexy professor look really does it for you, and boy does he do it well. your favorite look of his is the sweater vest situation, if there's a tweed blazer it's even better, and any slacks that show off his ass.

-you've adopted his mismatched sock habit. you keep all your socks mixed together, and sometimes you find two pairs and each take one sock from each.

-sometimes you borrow spencer's clothes, such as sweater vests or cardigans, occasionally a blazer, and he eats that shit up. it reminds him that you're his, and that makes his heart super happy cuz he needs reassurance sometimes. you love it because his clothes smell like him (he smells amazing omg) and keep you really warm, like a hug from your love. (so fluffy ugh stfu)

-it's hard when he goes away on cases for a long time because you're pretty clingy and it's scary to think he could be hurt, but it's all worth it when he comes home to you again. his job is a part of him and you love that he wants to help people. when he has days off he makes sure to shower you with attention and keep you in his presence to reassure you that he loves being with you as much as he possibly can. when he started his job he'd use almost none of his vacation days, but now he's able to take a step back from the job a couple times a year to spend more time with you. he's so grateful he gets to come home from cases to the love of his life.

-when he proposes it's not a grand gesture, and it's not even planned. he had already bought a ring and was planning to do it sometime soon once he formed a good plan to do it, but that's not how it happened. you two were just sitting on the couch together after dinner one night, just goofing around and basking in each other's love, and it just slipped out totally by accident. he looked at you with the most adoring eyes and said, "marry me". he was like shit I was going to do this so good and it was going to be so perfect, but I couldn't help myself, will you please marry me? and you're like of course genius!

a/n- idk if this format is weird for you guys, but i wrote these for fun and thought someone might like them, so i hope u enjoyed! thanks for reading :)))