prologue (rewrite)

Heyo! So I'm changing up the story a bit, and I'm quite happy with it so, enjoy!! This story contains abuse, blood/gore, mentions of rape. If this bothers you this book might not be for you.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

A soft breeze carried the sweet scent of the salty ocean air across the area. The waves colliding with the pristine white sand with seashells and seaweed littered throughout. The beach is where the (L/N) family was headed for the day. There were quite a bit of people at the beach today, so (M/N) and (F/N) decided to keep driving to a more secluded part of the beach. Sway by Michael Buble was playing and little (Y/N) was singing his heart out. He then looked out the window, it was beautiful. Seagulls were flying, and the clouds slowly moved through the sky. Your tail wagged with excitement.

"Are we there yet?" You asked, impatient.

"Yes dear, just a few more minutes."

You then went back to looking out of the window, imagining all of the fun things that they would do. Your fluffy (H/C) ears perked up at a low rumbling sound coming for behind you. And then bang! A large black van crashed into your car. Your car swerved off road and into the nearby sand. Windows broke on impact and parts of the car were crushed. You covered your sensitive ears and whimpered. There was a large gash on your cheek, and blood dripped from the side of your head. You were also covered in other cuts and bruises.Your parents weren't in much better shape. It looked like your mothers and was broken. She had a black eye that was bloodshot. Your father looked to have a broken nose dripping blood all over the seat and had a large gash on the side of his head.

"M-mama? P-papa? What h-happened?"

"I don't know.. But baby, are you okay?" Your mother said. Your father had been trying to bust open the door that seemed to be jammed.

All of a sudden there were heavy footsteps and strange men dressed in all black, masks covering their faces. They ripped the back door off and started to yank you out of the car. You screamed and your father punched the man in the face. A crack was heard, probably having something broken. Your mother pulled you up to her seat with you and hugged you tight. She then viciously started to kick the passenger door until she could break slide out, She slipped out with your cradled in her arms as your father held off the four men who had ganged up on him. (M/N) sprinted as fast as she could across the white sand. You buried your face into her neck and clutched at her shirt. She ran and ran and- bang! Her scream pierced through the air as she fell to the ground. A bullet had lodged itself into her left thigh: blood already wafted through the air. You scrunched up your nose at the putrid smell.

"Mama! Are you okay?!"

"Listen baby, I need you to run away as fast and far as possible.. Please RU-" Before she could finish her head was hit by the butt of a gun. The strange men had caught up with you, Oh dear god. You were gonna die.

"I got the kid." Was all you heard before you were also hit in the head with the butt of his gun. The man lugged both of your bodies back over to what used to be your car. There was another black van waiting, the back door to it open. (F/N) sat there, restrained, and in far worse shape than before.

"What did you do to them?! I swear when I get outta here I'm gonna-"

"Going to what?" The man said. Two other men had their guns pointed at you and your mother. (F/N) went silent.

"That's what I thought."

(M/N) woke up with a start. She was sweating and breathing heavily. She looked around, only to see black. Was this the afterlife? What happened to her husband? What happened to her baby (Y/N)? Oh god were they dead-