3. GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN

DESIDERIUM
CHAPTER THREE

➝ GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN

GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN

       COLLEEN KNOCKED EXCITEDLY AT THE FRONT DOOR OF THE HARGROVE/ MAYFIELD HOME. Today was finally the day that they have all waiting been for. It was girls day. And Colleen, Nancy, Lizzie, Heather, and Max were all heading to the mall to go shopping. Max was the last of the group to get picked up, and they were all piled into Lizzie's car. Sadly, Colleen had not succeeded in changing Hopper's mind on allowing El to join them, but he said that she would be able to join soon enough. But El wasn't too worried, as she had plans with Mike today anyway.

It only took a matter of seconds until the front door opened and Susan Mayfield was standing on the other side with a welcoming grin. She invited Colleen into the house as she called out for Max that her ride had arrived. But Billy came around the corner when he heard his girlfriend's name.

"Hey, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Billy slyly whispered as he snaked his arm around her waist as Susan disappeared into the other room. He snuck a small kiss on her cheek and Colleen couldn't help but let out a giddy chuckle, but then Max walked into the room and gagged loudly, "Ugh. Gross. Get a room."

Billy snapped his in his step-sister's direction as she walked past them and over towards the front door, "Where do you think you're going?"

"To the mall... With your girlfriend. What, did you actually think she was here for you?" Max bickered back and Colleen bit her tongue when she saw Billy's nostrils flare and the vein in his neck pop.

He opened his mouth to snap back with a snarky remark but Colleen intervened between the two siblings. Wanting desperately to stop the fight that was sure to ensue. "I'll stop back afterwards when I drop her off, and we can hang in your room."

"Disgusting," Max muttered under her breath as Colleen moved forward to press a quick goodbye kiss to Billy's lips, before the two girls left the house. As they made their way towards the car, Max glanced over her shoulder at Colleen with a scrunched up nose and gagged again. "You know I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that innuendo."

Colleen's mouth fell open, "What innuendo."

"Hang in your room," Max mocked, with an overly exaggerated emphasis on the word— hang. Colleen rolled her eyes as a blush creeped up on her cheeks and Max continued talking, "I'm just happy you're you. Because the old girls that Billy would have over were gross. It's still gross, but I'm still happy it's you who's being gross."

Colleen shook her head as they neared the car and Colleen realized that Heather had stolen her seat in the front seat of Lizzie's car. So she opened the door and let Max climb in before her so that the younger girl was sitting in the middle. "It's not gross, by the way. We're just... hanging out. Listening to records, all right? Nothing gross is happening, Max."