4. TOWN OF WANNABES

DESIDERIUM
CHAPTER FOUR

DESIDERIUM CHAPTER FOUR

TOWN OF WANNABES

TODAY WAS COLLEEN'S FIRST DAY BACK AT THE COMMUNITY POOL. After the girls were finished with their mall trip, Colleen had waited for Billy to get done his shift at the pool. The couple went back to her house, and Billy had ended up sleeping over since they both had opening shifts the following day. They had fallen asleep watching movies on the couch, cuddled up together. The sun was shining in through the window, and the glare was cascading across Colleen's face. She grumbled lowly as she pulled one of the throw pillows over her head and she felt the weight shift beside her. The pillow was pulled away from her head and she gave Billy a dirty look once the sun refocused on her. "G'morning doll face. We should get up."

Colleen groaned out again and tried to pull the pillow back over towards her, so Billy pushed it further away. As she lunged forward, he quickly tossed it across the room, just as conveniently, Six was entering the living room. He quickly flicked his wrist and causing the pillow fly into the opposite direction. The small redirect of his powers was overlooked by Billy, who just thought Six smacked the pillow away from him— but Colleen saw him wipe the blood away from his nose afterwards.

"I'm making breakfast, should I make enough for the two of you?" Six asked as his eyes surveyed around the room, and Billy and Colleen nodded their heads in agreement. They watched as Six descended down the hallway and towards the kitchen, and Colleen began cleaning up the living room. She was folding the throw blanket when Billy came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist and pressed a kiss to her neck. She let out a light hum before turning around in his arms and staring up at him with a smile and kissed his lips, "So what time do you get off later?"

The mall had caused many closures throughout the town, small businesses and boutique shops. But there were also food establishments. Hawkins' Diner had abruptly closed down during the beginning of summer— but a new diner was opening up. It was a tribute to Benny Hammond, Benny's Burgers. When Benny was murdered by the Lab back in 1984, the restaurant was forced to close down. But settlement finally was distributed to his family members, and his daughter— Lottie Medley-Hammond, had taken her sum of the cash to open a diner in his memory. She used his closed down location, and remodeled it into a 60's themed diner. Lottie didn't know her father well, but she thought that was the least she could do with the money that she didn't need. She already graduated from college with a bachelor's degree in business, and her mother came from a wealthy family. So she just wanted to keep her father's legacy alive, and she knew this is what he would have wanted for her. To build her own business.

Billy shrugged, "6, you?"

"I get off at 4. But Benny's Diner opens up tonight, and Alex starts there tomorrow for his first day. But we wanted to go check it out. Would you wanna go with us? It's me, Steve, Liz, and Alex."

Billy nodded his head and pursed his lips together, "Yeah, sounds good. Nick isn't coming?"

He shook her head and her stomach instantly fell, she felt so bad that he couldn't join them. All she wanted was for Nine to have one good night. "No, he can't. He has something to do tonight."