Chapter 2-bad ending: Lift-off

**Important note, please read. Bad endings will work the same way as they do in video games. The player, or in this case the reader, will have two choices to make. Either choice will either end the story horribly or continue it. Both results of each choice that is made will be given, with the bad endings published first. The real ending will be posted as a separate chapter and will start off from when the choice is given, sort of like a 'checkpoint'.

Enjoy the story <3

It was time.

Goodbyes were spoken, hugs and kisses were shared, one last embrace and you were all off for good. There was no more of a reason to delay, no more of a reason to hesitate.

This is it, you thought, my future.

Everything you were taught, everything you learned helped train you for this exact moment. Several other candidates, hundreds of them, all pitted against one another until MIRA could determine the twelve that were undoubtedly the best of the best. So many you had to step over, so many you had to outdo, so many you had to eliminate for you to even be standing here today.

And now you were ready.

"Here's a quick recap before you guys enter the space-craft," A tall, slender young woman spoke. She was dressed head to toe in a gray uniform, voice stern yet all the while soothing. "When you enter inside you are permitted to wear your helmets at all times until your departure. Each of them has a radio-transmitting device that is implemented near the inner ear area. This is how we will be able to feed you important information and instructions.

"A reminder, sometimes if we so wish to, we can discuss with a crewmate privately. There is a button that we can press to ensure only that specific crewmate can hear us. This may be done accidentally, so if we don't confirm that this is a confidential conversation please check with the rest of your crewmates so they understand what's going on as well."

A yawn was heard behind you, followed by a quick yelp and the words 'ow'. You assumed that whoever had interrupted, most likely being Lime was just rudely jabbed in the side, most likely by Cyan.

Ignoring the chatter, the lady continued. "After a few hours, a safety video will be played on your tablets. It is advised for your absolute well-being that you watch the entire video and follow each and its specific instructions to the T. Your tablets can also be used to discourse with one another in case you are in circumstances where you can't communicate right away. When you are up in space you'll be able to communicate with us via data transfers. We may not be able to talk directly but we will be able to share information and send radio feedback back and forth. If something bad happens you must let us know immediately. Obviously, there will most likely be circumstances where we will be unable to respond, and you will be left on your own to handle it yourselves."

For a second she stopped, looking down as if she was grieving. She snapped out of it, however, and continued talking, "You guys are smart, I know you can handle whatever the hell is out there. I'm sure you are all aware that Polus is most likely not going to be your final destination point. Because of the sudden interruptions, we were unable to perform a thorough investigation on its conditions yet, so chances are it may be deemed as uninhabitable and you'll have to go back to spending your time searching for another planet to live on."

The rest of the speech was just a reminder of all the equipment you would need while up in space, and a short confirmation that each crewmate was both physically and mentally prepared for the long journey ahead.

"Alright everyone, you know the drill," shouted Black. "I'll be piloting the spacecraft for the first few hours until it heads into auto-drive. I'll be heading out first, and I'll see most of you by tomorrow." He flashed a short smile, before slipping on his helmet and making his way to the launch site.