07 | Ocean Eyes

Percy just smirked at them—another first for the Avengers—and walked away towards his room. Thor was still grinning like a madman while the rest of them stood in disbelief, save Natasha whose face was still an expressionless mask.

~~~

1463 words

The next day, everyone was up well before dawn. Camp Half-Blood was almost at the hostage sight in Brooklyn. The Avengers were geared up and ready to go in. And a familiar teenager from Queens who felt left out was attempting to sneak in to help. 'Attempting' being the operative word.

Peter was making his way towards the command tent when Percy spotted him. Percy snuck behind the shorter boy and quickly restrained his wrists so Peter couldn't shoot his webs. Peter was about to kick up to do a backflip and escape the tight hold, but Percy anticipated this and kicked behind his knees first. Peter was now kneeling on the ground, effectively restrained. The Avengers came rushing over towards the obvious commotion, even though little sound accompanied Percy's attack.

"What are you doing here?!" Tony yelled.

"Hey, Mr. Stark! I'm uh... here to help!" Peter said with a smile, forgetting no one could see his face.

"No! You're here to get yourself killed! And I will not let you get yourself killed! P-uh-Admiral, please let this idiotic kid go."

Percy released his grip on Peter. He realized that they never came up with a code name for him, but he didn't mind Tony's idea of 'Admiral'. He was an admiral after all. Plus, they didn't know of his powers, only that he was probably 'special' since he worked on 'special cases' all the time."

"Mr. Stark, please let me stay! I just want to help. This is why you gave me a suit, isn't it? To help you guys out."

"Not like this. This is not what I meant. And giving you that suit does not make you an Avenger, kid."

Peter looked dejected, but all the Avengers could see was his head hung low.

Steve decided to comfort the kid, "Spider-Man, Tony is just looking out for you. We have a solid plan already and we can't go back on it now. Dawn already came so we're running late. Stay here. Let us handle this one. There are always more bad guys out there, unfortunately, so there will be plenty more times to help."

Peter reluctantly nodded. He was going to wait on the helicarrier, but before anyone could move, a group of teenagers loudly approached in bronze, bulletproof armor and were armed with everything from shields to bows to swords. The Avengers couldn't see what was happening, so they ran towards the disturbance, including Peter. Percy didn't move, though. Before he could, he saw a golden flash of light replaced by a piece of parchment with Ancient Greek writing on it appear at his feet.

Dear Perseus Jackson,

The Olympian council permits you to reveal the existence of demigods, the Greek gods, and any relevant monsters to the Avengers today only. After the Oracle is safe, Hecate will manipulate the mist to erase their memories.
Do not fail.

-Hermes, Messenger of the Gods

p.s. Inform Thor Odinson he will be granted diplomatic immunity by the Olympian council when on Earth to maintain peaceful coexistence between our pantheons, on the conditions that he (1) continues to protect Earth and (2) swears to keep our secrets unless given permission stating otherwise.