September 1997 Part 2

A/N: This is a very slow burn book so the main character will get with non-endgame characters before the "official" pairing happens. Just an FYI. Also, I am experimenting with a new format so I hope you like it. 

Word Count: 1900~

Rhiannon awoke with a pair of small hands on her shoulders. Her sleepy eyes opened and revealed a cloudy image.

After blinking a few times, Pansy's face came into focus. Pansy released Rhiannon's shoulders and let them fall back onto the bed.

Rhiannon pushed herself up onto her elbows, fixing her tank top and cardigan which had twisted in her slumber. She was confused and slightly disoriented.

"What time is it, Pans? Where is everyone?"

"It's only midnight, everyone is downstairs with Draco and his posse."

There was an awkward pause.

"I didn't see you downstairs so I wanted to make sure you were alright. You know,"

Pansy held up the notebook that Rhiannon had been clutching in her sleep.

"You really shouldn't leave this out. If someone saw it, if Malfoy saw it, you'd be dead."

"I can take care of myself, don't worry. It's just a journal anyway, Pansy."

Rhiannon rolled her eyes.

"Don't make such a fuss."

She looked up at her insistently, and her cousin returned the same look.

"Rhi, this isn't the year for you to be messing around. It's not just a journal and you know that. Do you understand what could happen if someone caught you? I know we aren't that close and you're friends with those blood-traitors, but I don't want you to get hurt. You're the only person I have left."

"I won't leave you, I promise. And my friends aren't blood-traitors you idiot, they're just nice."

She gave Pansy a smack on the back and pulled her into a hug. They remained in their somber embrace for a few more seconds, their family reunion interrupted by a sly cough. Pansy quickly hid Rhiannon's journal below a pillow on her bed, hoping that Blaise couldn't see.

The pair turned around and saw Blaise's lanky figure wedged in the narrow doorway. Sporting dress pants and a pressed white t-shirt, he looked the two cousins up and down, contemplating before opening his mouth to speak.

"I hope I'm not interrupting a sentimental moment here, loves. Malfoy was just wondering where you were Pansy, you might want to get down there quickly. Don't make him mad."

He winked at Pansy as she scurried out.

Pansy didn't fancy Malfoy, but everyone thought she did. What people mistook for desire was unfortunately fear and cowardice. Unbeknownst to literally everyone at Hogwarts, Pansy was filled with burning lust for Hannah Abbott. As great as it could be, the Slytherin house didn't leave much room for inter-house relationships, much less with Hufflepuffs. Rhiannon, privy to this secret, was the only person which Pansy had confided in. It was this that strengthened and cemented the pair's boundless friendship. But Blaise didn't have to know this, he would be just fine imagining Draco and Pansy together.

Rhiannon had been staring at her feet, watching her legs sway forwards and backwards off the bed's edge. Soon, she saw a pair of polished black boots in front of her feet, the owner's legs impeding her childish swings. A veiny hand snaked its way to her jawline and forced her to look up. Her eyes met Blaise's as her breath hitched. His hands smelled of eucalyptus leaves and the pungent must of the broom shed. She surveyed his sculpted face, entranced by his beauty yet still wary of him.