September 1997 Part 3

A/N: I honestly don't know what is going on in this chapter but at least I wrote something :) Please vote and comment if you can!

Word Count: 2.2k+

The next morning, she woke with her eyes swollen. Feeling the warmth and itchiness that accumulated beneath her eyelids, Rhiannon let out a sigh and used a healing charm to get rid of it.

She was exhausted from the turmoil that stewed within her mind and took a deep breath before sitting up in her bed. She dragged her feet up the mattress, feeling the silkiness of the sheets on the bottoms of her feet and the blanket tugging at her knees. Her arms wrapped around her now elevated knees and she rested her chin on them, taking a moment to revel in the beauty of the dorm.

The rest of the school may have looked disheveled and depressing but the dormitories still maintained their unique glamorous style from before Snape's rule. Her bed was draped with a luxurious green quilt embellished with small silver decals throughout. Beneath the quilt lay a rich oatmeal sheet set and the fluffiest mattress Rhiannon had ever laid on. The bed's frame, entirely made by skilled goblins, was made of deeply tinted walnut wood and featured detailed carvings that depicted Salazar Slytherin's claim to fame... or infamy. Around her, the exposed stone walls kept the room cool and fresh while adding to the "old money royalty" aesthetic. Her eyes jolted to the farthest window, catching a glimpse of a mermaid's tail in the frosty, colored glass.

She began wondering if Ginny's dorm had also been left untouched, or if Snape's prejudices had led him to meddle with the homey dormitories of Gryffindor tower. The thought slipped her mind just as quickly as it had entered when she realized that she and Pansy were the last two in the dorms.

Rhiannon's hand reached out towards the small bedside table and grabbed her watch. There were five minutes until the end of breakfast and it would take her at least eight to get to the Great Hall. So, after calculating her best options, Rhiannon decided to go back to bed and let Pansy sleep in too.

With an elegant swish of her wand, she set an alarm on the clock (which she had forgotten to do the night before) and let herself rest until class time rolled around.

____________________________________________

A loud whine was emitted from the alarm clock, the sound resembling the screech of the lake's sirens. Pansy and Rhiannon lurched out of their slumbers and looked at each other. While they had been sleeping, other students had returned from the Great Hall and were preparing for their classes.

No one seemed to know what was going to happen and despite Draco's little speech the night before, they were frightened. Rhiannon grabbed her book bag, filled it with the school books and supplies that had materialized themselves on her bedside table, and looked at her schedule.

******

Advanced Potions– Sixth and Seventh Years Only

Transfiguration IV– Repeat

Intermediate Living Literature– All Years

Arithmancy for All– Sixth and Seventh Years Only

Charms– Audit

Herbology for Healing– Seventh Years Only

******

This year, things had gone a bit differently. Rather than sending out schedules and materials lists prior to their arrivals, students were given pre-packaged materials and sent their schedules in the morning that classes began. She had also noticed a discrepancy in her schedule, one that did not surprise her.

Snape had rid everyone's schedules of two classes: DADA and Muggle Studies. His bigotry shone brightly in his actions, his hatred for muggles was glaringly obvious. Rhiannon knew something, something that she had discovered by accident, and invalidated all of Snape's empty words.