ACT 006: ON TOP OF THE WORLD

ON TOP  OF  THE  WORLD
» ᴍ. ᴛᴡᴀɪɴ

ᴛʜᴇᴍᴇ: fluff; adventure
ᴘᴀɪʀɪɴɢ: m. twain x l. montgomery

.

.

.

"We're going to climb that mountain!" I enthusiastically declared to my lone companion, still not revealing the final destination of the small trip. Last week, I've been going around the headquarters, asking my coworkers to join me on a great adventure. The result was to be expected though. Not a single soul wanted to go with me as usual, well, except for one. May God bless that kind being in the name of Nathaniel. Hallelujah.

The being in question goes by the name of Lucy Maud Montgomery, the only person in the world who could handle my adventurous self, the brightest star in my dazzling sky. Geez, I sound so cheesy. I used to be so oblivious and consider romance as a disgusting thing. What's with the change of mind? Well, it all started when I chose the wrong person to play a prank with then got beaten up until I beg for mercy. It all went downhill from there and guess where I am now. I am dating that very person. Sweet.

Lucy groaned at my statement. "You better make this worth choosing over a relaxing day at the spa." Ah, yes, the spa. It sounded very tempting, but I have something better planned.

"Oh come on, Lu-Lu. When did my adventures ever failed to meet your high expectations? I swear in Fitzgerald-sama's wealth that this will be the best one yet."

"You better make sure of that or else I'm dumping you."

"Oh? Is that a threat? Patience, dear. We're almost there." I finished my sentence with a charming wink which made her roll her eyes. Despite her stoic façade, I could still tell that she's doing her best as to not turn her face completely red like her hair. I mean, who wouldn't resist my handsome face? I was gifted with fabulousness after all.

The hike was relatively peaceful. By that, I mean no scolding, beating, pranking, fighting, or whatsoever. I feel like I'm in heaven- smack!

"You stepped on my foot, idiot! Watch we're you're going!" There it is, legendary. But who am I kidding? Not a day passes by without something like that happening.

I pouted. "You don't have to punch me that hard!" I may or may not have blurted that out way too dramatically for a soft punch. "Oh shut your crap. That was nothing compared to your last beating." Okay, let me clarify things. I am in no means involved in an abusive relationship. Don't mind the 'beating' part. That's just how we show our love and affection for each other.

The conversation died the moment we realized where were we. At last, we reached our destination.

"Woah." Before us lies a breath-taking scenery. The pristine water sparkled against the passing sunlight, creating an aura fresh out of a fairy tale. The falling matter from above crashed into multiple land deformations along the way, creating not one, but many small but impressive waterfalls. The lighting was perfect as well. Shadows from different objects casted scattered shades around the area. What a perfect place to spend your day-off.

"Mark, this is- I-" I shushed her off. "Save the complements for later. Want to take a leap?" Hand-in-hand, we climed more series of rocks before stopping at a certain height. Without changing the clothes on our back, we jumped.

Everything felt like it's going in slow motion, as if we were experiencing the aftereffects of our strategist's ability. I can see everything: the trees, the insane rock formations, the vast blue sky, the whole world- my world. It made me realize how lucky I am to be here- to be with her.

Even if the whole planet turn their backs against us, I will never ever let go of her hand.

end.

.

.

.

ᴘᴇɴɴᴇᴅ ʙʏ: Mei